Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
I would definitely disagree, we went for nearly 3 weeks and not a day were we bored at all, it's one of the most beautiful places with loads to do. We did do a safari but it was only a day trip, it wasn't a large safari. You will have plenty to do within 10 nights, I am amazed by the travel agent's comments! I have listed below some of the things we did and some we didn't get a chance to do:-

Cable car up Table Mountain.
Drove to Boulders Beach (Penguins on the beach!)
Drove to Cape Point (Baboons there and beautiful scenery)
Boat over to prison where Nelson Mandela was held
Shark Cage dive!
Boat trip to Seal Island
Visited a variety of beaches, can't remember all the names, there are loads to choose from!
Shopping at V & A waterfront
Township visit
Winelands tour
1 day safari

The food there is fantastic, i would highly recommend the restaurants along Camps Bay sea front and also a restaurant called Greens (I think that's what it was called) located in the area Constantia, approx 15 min drive from Camps Bay.

You will have a fantastic time! There is loads to see and do there, we hope to go back again one day :)
it would be like going to paris for 10 nights!

I think this comment says more about the TA than Cape Town. I certainly wouldn't be bored in Paris for 10 nights and if Cape Town is comparable to Paris then I couldn't imagine that I'd be bored there either! I should obviously consider giving it a go :-)

SM
I wouldnt be bored either with 10 days in Cape Town I have been twice now and we will be going for 10 days on boxing day

So much still to see and do

Cape town is not expensive or you can make it as expensive or as cheap as you want . We ate out every night not at top end restaurants but mid range having starters , steaks desert and 2 bottles wine roughly £ 40.00 each night V & A Waterfront slight more expensive but then there are so many restaurants to choose from We ahve eaten at V& A a few times usually about £ 20.00 more

ED
We spent 10 nights in Cape Town a couple of years ago and had a great time, lots to see and do as nowton suggested.

Certainly not expensive.

Book it, you will have a great time.
we went for 8 days and had a fabulous time. The one thing that I regretted not organising though was a trip to the Winelands or Garden Route. We did have one day in the Winelands and we passed through some stunning places. I think it would be worth taking a couple of days on one of the routes. You don't have to hire a car as local companies have good itineries.
Your TA doesn't seem to know much about Cape Town- best find another one. Cape Town is cheap to eat out in and there is plenty to do. Have a look at my trip report for things we did.
I lived there for 10 years and yes it can get a bit boring then, but 10 nights really isnt long enough to cover the ground in comfort. I would however say that a car is essential. Public transport is a big no no...and with a car you are covering your itinery and in whatever style you want to. Oh yes and if you do get a car make sure its air conditioned..The African sun really is something else...have fun and try to go for 3 weeks like we do.... ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.