Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
There alot of places to get good deals in Cape Town if you know how to look. In long and loop street there are TONS of jewlery sellers, some of them being antiques and things.

Cape Town also has a very wide selection of Markets in Cape Town where you are bound to find something.

If you looking for a deal dont go to the waterfront, access park is known to the loacals as a good place to find deals.
Good website with the markets! Its been a few years since I was in Cape Town but I loved it!
My trip report
  • Edited by Fiona 2017-04-25 22:30:09
Me too . I've enjoyed reading your review again Fiona. You may remember that your review gave me the idea of a visit to SA, which I did in 2012. One of my most memorable holidays, I would love to visit again.
I certainly do remember :-D
A trip to Cape Town is not complete without a trip to the Winelands. You have a choice between many wine routes, however, the Franschhoek wine region is South Africa's premier wine region.

I suggest visiting a few wine farms, doing a tasting at each, and purchasing the cultivars that you liked best. Besides being much cheaper than in the store, the farms' resident sommeliers will help you make a perfect choice.
The Biscuit Mill is a great place for locally made goods, while the V&A Waterfront is the premier shopping mall, and rather beautiful too.
re
Try looking at Bree Street. they definitely have some diamond rings in your price range (albeit not typically traditional type rings)You'll be able to tick the dainty and not flashy boxes.They have an online store and a physical store on Bree Street
  • Edited by Fiona 2020-07-22 19:20:48
    Faulty link removed
On 15th March 2009 at 03:09pm, Fiona said:
What are the best buys in Cape Town? I will be looking for bags and jewellery anyway but just wondered what else I should look for.
My visit to Cape Town was a business trip, due to very hectic schedule I couldn't shop that much but still I was able to buy a couple of things. My best buys from Cape Town were Himalayan crystal Salt Lamp and backpacks. 
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.