Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi Sine, where are you staying, we were at Dennies in 12 years ago and didn't see a cloud for a fortnight, beautiful!
hi Sine

I work for a car hire company in the U.K and still find it better to wait til I gat to Kalamki. Merlis are very good, as are Hermes, we have never had any probs and have hired loads of times, make sure you take out full insurance though..and watch the potholes on the country roads!

Have fun I am sure you will love Kalamaki!

lyn
Another thing you have to watch out for is the fact that there are no kerbs except in the towns. There are ditches alongside most of the roads and sometimes sheer drops. The roads can be very narrow as well. We hired a jeep and very nearly landed in one of the ditches after being forced over by a huge lorry. Very scary!! Some of the roads are new but not made to british standard with the edges left to crumble away. It's a lovely place to drive around though with breath taking scenery etc so don't let me put you off.
Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.