Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Also going to Malta for 2 weeks later in August. Have booked car hire direct, found the info on http://www.holidays-malta.com/default.htm

Prices considerably cheaper than anything available in UK, e.g. 3 days small car, air conditioned, approx £59 inclusive of all taxes, CDW etc.

HTH

Jeff
Hi Slim,

I've used Sundrive car hire last few times in Malta. Look them up at,

http://www.sundrive.com.mt

I've never had a problem with them and find that their service is excellent. They offer the cheapest rates on the Island from what I have found in the past and they will deliver and collect the car as necessary. I shall be in Malta for 2 weeks next month and if I do decide to hire a car for a few days I will certainly use them!

Just a bit of advice make sure you take out the extra insurance to cover any excesses you might have to pay if you have an incident and watch out for the speed cameras since they're set to dead on the speed limit and could easily catch you out!!!

Trev
Hi bhm2trev and Slim.

My booking is with Sundrive, quite agree they appear the cheapest. In fact, if you book more than two weeks in advance they will give you an additional 10% discount on their already low rates.

Jeff
Nice one Jeff. Might think about booking one before I go, mainly to visit Gozo since its probably cheaper to have a car and use the ferry than to book an organised trip and you see a lot more as well! I don't really want one for all the holiday cause I do worry about drinking and driving and with the excellent beer and wine Zzzzzzzzzzz

Cheers,

Trev
we booked a car with Sudrive on he intermet before we went to Malta three weeks ago.

We have used them previously when in Malta but as previously stated we gpt 10% discount for booking on inernet. Absoluely excellent service. We booked Class A car (basic. smallest) but were upograded to a 4 door Chevrolet with power steering.

The car was brand new only 200k on the clock. We were really pleased.

Highly recommended.
I have found that Swift Car Rental [swift@waldonet.net.mt] are very good.
prices are all inclusive which means no excess. No other car hire company do this!
Hi Mandyc, :wave

When we went in February this year we had booked a Hyundai Getz with Sundrive and they were quite happy to let me have the larger Hyundai Accent for the same money! I kept to the Getz 'cause we were considering having one as a second car back home and therefore we wanted to try it out. :pele

Also, whenever we've hired off them, the cars have always been fairly new and in excellent condition. :yipee

I reckon after all this free advertising I'm giving them I'll be calling round for my commission when I'm in Malta next Month - so watch out Sundrive 'cause I'm on my way!!!!!!!!!! :fly

Trev
Thanks for all the help. We will get booking asap.

Can't wait to go. Just two more weeks!!!
removed
  • Edited by SL65 2005-09-18 19:50:03
Hi SL65,

Never had a puncture with the cars I've hired off Sundrive! It must have been more like a 'blow out' :shock: if you had to call them out at that time of the morning. Come to think of it I've never had any problem with Sundrive cars cause they have always been fairly new and in excellent condition!

However thanks for the tip about this other car hire firm,

Trev
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.