Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
For car hire details and help have a look at http://www.parga.com Hiring a car from Preveza is no problem BUT you may be better to get a cab from there and then hire locally in Parga.... Taxi from Preveza is 70 euros max. I stayed at the Olympic on my second visit to Parga (but it was 1986) and it was ok and I know it has improved since then, having spoken to others over subsequent years, but we still prefer the self catering bit and rooms are to be had in plenty in Parga at very reasonable rates... everyone knows someone who has a room to let!
Hi Thanks for your advice. Since posting the message, however, I have now booked the flight, the two hotels and found a company called lantisworld who seem to be competitive amongst the car hire companies. Doing the holiday independently of tour operators does not seem to be cheaper, except it gives the freedom of transferring without all the hassle of coaches etc. The main problem seems to be payment. I have had to use a SWIFT payment to put the deposit down on one hotel - which incurs a charge of £20! They don't all seem to be geared up for credit card payment, etc Helen
Helen,
Glad you got it sorted out! Hope all goes well for you! If you do encounter any problems in Parga then go and see Elias & Helen Bakos at Parga Holidays office On the front by Town Beach (tell them I sent you) Helen is english... and they can be extremely helpful.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.