Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
hi have a look at the hoseasons.co.uk as lots of sites in there
Quite true, Hoseasons have several.
We've stayed Tencreek and Seaview for October half-terms a few times. Both are fine and not too expensive.
Pool at Tencreek is just a rectangle + kids pool, Seaview has a shaped pool with a fountain and bubble maker which is a bit more fum for the kids. Though we have found the water there wasn't too warm. Both have outdoor pools but they are always shut when we go. Site shop always seems a bit better at Tencreek. Haven't really used the bar/entertainments or take away - but both have these facilities.
Both these sites are between Looe and Polperro which is nice 'cos can visit either. So is Trrlawne, but a little more inland (Sv and Tencreek are both on hillsides overlooking valleys down to the sea. Killigarth seems quite good too (similar area). Looe Bay looks to have more facilities but is a little further out of Looe to the east.

Have a nice time...
stayed in Trelawne but wasnt impressed.

The site itself was nice, the 1st caravan they put us in was dreadful but after kicking up a stink they upgraded us to gold at no extra cost & that one was very nice!

Looe is lovely & Polperro is pretty - Trelawne is half way between the two places.

The thing that let the holiday down for us was that at the time we were non-drivers. Did the trip by train & had to rely on public transport. Apart from Looe & Polperro there was nowhere else to visit as the buses seemed to stop in looe in one direction & polperro the other.

The nearest train station was Liskeard & that had cost us £20 taxi fare to get to Trelawne when we arrrived so we didnt attempt to go anywhere by train :?

I think if I had been driving then it would've been a totally different holiday. There is plenty to do around the area - if you can get to it - and the park itself is quite nice.

Sorry if this reply seems a bit vague - if there's anything specific I can help with just pm or email me :D
Hi Del

Cheers for the info on Trelawne caravan park. I hav booked the one in Looe Bay. Been before and the price was right. So look forward to it again.
Shame you nothad a car as there are some lovely places to visist, hope you have a good holiday what ever you do

Floss
Hi Floss
glad you've got something booked. It is a lovely part of the world, just a shame we couldnt get around easier.

Had stayed in St Ives previously without a car and public transport there was brilliant.

Wouldnt mind going back again now I've got wheels :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.