Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Caravan Parks
10 Posts
not cheap but the Camping and caravan club has a nice sit just outside Clithero in lancashire
Wizard
the way I'm reading this they are looking for a Static van not a touring site

I would suggest they decide on a town where they would like to go to
contact the local Tourist information centre for a list of caravan sites (can be done on the web too)
then trawl the caravan sites on the list until they find one they like

IF the had they own tourer or tent then a Caravan Club CL or a Caravan & Camping Club CS would hit the right notes especially with regard to costs
Sorry should have said a static caravan.I will take a look at the tourist info for northumberland thanks
We are now sorted we are going to Whitton Glebe park and its a lovely family park. :tup
Jacqui wrote:
We are now sorted we are going to Whitton Glebe park and its a lovely family park. :tup

That's great Jacqui tell us about the place when you get back -- and if you can let me know if they take Touring Caravans we are always looking for something new

TIA
Oh, missed this post Jaqui, I was going to suggest Seafields at Seahouses.

http://www.seafieldpark.co.uk/pages/section.php?section=2

We go here every year as my friend is an owner so we get to use it while she is away abroad. It's so tranquil and a great base for exploring the Northumbria Coast.
Maybe you could bear it in mind for another visit.
:)
CazzMicknTom wrote:
Oh, missed this post Jaqui, I was going to suggest Seafields at Seahouses.
http://www.seafieldpark.co.uk/pages/section.php?section=2
We go here every year as my friend is an owner so we get to use it while she is away abroad. It's so tranquil and a great base for exploring the Northumbria Coast. Maybe you could bear it in mind for another visit.
:)

Hi just took a peek at your friends website (I'm restricted at present due to illness) I've worked out on Wikimapia which site is your friends and it does look good although I think the prices are a little expensive for touring :(

I can see a series of ponds on the campsite but no mention of fishing although the sea is very close --- can you shed any light on

1/ are the touring fees per night or week
2/ is freshwater fishing available and how much

TIA

I am looking forward to your reply
Hi Madcaravanner,
Bit of a misunderstanding... my friend is not the owner of the site :rofl but a static caravan owner.. ;)
The ponds are purley decoration althought some do have carp along with ducks. You can book sea fishing trips from the harbour or you can try your hand at beach casting
Prices quoted for caravans are per night, I know it's expensive but all pitches are fully electric, you have full use of a launderette, shower and toilet units are out of this world and the site is beautifully landscaped. You also have full use of the shower facilities. There are other sites close by but they are not a patch on this one and if I had a tourer, I would deffinatley pay the extra.
CazzMicknTom wrote:
Hi Madcaravanner,
Bit of a misunderstanding... my friend is not the owner of the site :rofl but a static caravan owner.. ;)
The ponds are purley decoration althought some do have carp along with ducks. You can book sea fishing trips from the harbour or you can try your hand at beach casting
Prices quoted for caravans are per night, I know it's expensive but all pitches are fully electric, you have full use of a launderette, shower and toilet units are out of this world and the site is beautifully landscaped. You also have full use of the shower facilities. There are other sites close by but they are not a patch on this one and if I had a tourer, I would deffinatley pay the extra.

No worries re mis-understanding

£25 an night for a standard electric pitch with those basic facilities is quite expensive

I would not pay that except maybe in high season if there were no other sites around. I have paid far less on 5 star sites in the South of France for pitches with water / drain / electric / TV / and it's own private heated washroom

Thanks for the extra information it may be useful if we need to go that way you never know
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.