UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi Elaine,
Thanks for your suggestions and links. Both sound a bit too large for us and neither of us is fit to enjoy any of the outdoor activities or attractions. Just want somewhere to relax during the day and entertainment at night.

Helen
Is the Lake District too far - about 2hr 30 to 3 hours? There is a lovely caravan/lodge park, Fallbarrow park in Bowness on Windermere. The park is on the lake but also right in the town so only a short walk to everything in the town. It's a beautiful setting with boat trips on the lake. There is an on-site bar which serves food, a shop and a cafe. One of our favourites!!
http://www.slholidays.co.uk/Fallbarrow
Thanks Oklahoma,
That sounds really good. Well within our distance. I will send for a brochure and see what my husband's health is like nearer the time of a holiday.
Do you know how far the cafe/bar is from the caravans as we are unable to walk much more than 200 metres without a break
Hi Helen .... it may not exactly fit in with your topic title, but looking at the criteria which you have set out above, have you ever given any thought to Crieff Hydro ? In addition to the hotel, they also have self catering lodges, chalets, cottages and apartments, some of them just yards from the main entrance to the hotel. Even within the hotel itself, with walls as old and thick as they are, I doubt if any noise would be heard between bedrooms. In fact I think noise insulation would probably be better in the hotel than in the self catering options. Like an earlier suggestion, there are also lots of outdoor activities, but as they are all optional you would not be paying for facilities which you would not be using. It might be worth subscribing to their newsletter, or playing around with the online availability checker, as there are often excellent deals available for both the hotel and the self catering accommodation.

http://www.crieffhydro.com/index.asp

David :wave
Hi Helen
Some of the caravans are nearer than others, if you decide to go it might be worth giving them a ring to discuss what you need
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.