Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Caaardiff - that's the old chicken and the egg argument that is put out by CWL. As it is unlikely that the area will ever be as densely populated as Manchester or London (there simply isn't room!) then flights/destinations unfortunately will always be limited. When traffic is gridlocked then we shall need new roads. Towns not too far from Cardiff or the airport need bypasses far more urgently and have waited years.
I think we are all aware that it is the airlines that cancel flights be it KLM or BMIbaby - snow will stop landings at Amsterdam.
can anyone help we are looking for least expensive & most direct

and we've seen a flight from cardiff to amsterdam which lands just 1 hour before connecting flight to thailand takes off, is this enought time?
(eg we land in amsterdam @ 8pm, take off for thailand @9pm, which is also the check-in time) old-mans worried we'd miss flight out of amsterdam

any help/advice be really appreciated, thanks :)
I would say not enough time as you will have to wait for luggage and re checkin,most long haul flights close checkin 45mins prior to departure.
When I flew Cardiff to Thailand using China Airlines (KLM to Schipol) check in was at Cardiff and the bags checked through to Thailand. However an hour is pretty tight...some of the gates at Schipol are a long distance apart. Coming back we've made the connection but the bags did not.

Which airline(s) would you be using?
Are you looking to book the Cardiff to Amsterdam flight separately to the Amsterdam to Thailand flight? If so, you may get problems if one flight is delayed. If you book the journey as one, then the booking computers allow enough time - never less than one hour. You then don't have to check in again or get your bags in Amsterdam. An hour is quite tight for a connecting flight however, I would always try for at least 90 minutes.
Can anyone help?

I am flying to Malaga from Cardiff on Sunday and wondered booking in is an hour or two hours before flying.

When we fly to Tenerife it is two but thought maybe mainland Spain different?

None of our documentation gives the answer as no tickets. We did ring the agency we booked with and they seemed to think it was 2 but they didn't really sound very convincing!
Hi blaggers :wave

It is at least 2 hours, your tickets and travel documents should have had the information clearly printed on them, but the agents should definetly have known and been able to tell you :roll:
Check-in desks usually open 2-3 hours before departure. Best to check in as early as possible. They usually close 30-45 minutes before departure - but if you leave it this late - you may not get seats together.

Who are you flying with - you should be able to find out more info on their website under FAQs
Thanks for all your responses.

I have got information from BMI website under FAQs as suggested.

We are flying at 6.10 so I'll be up early that morning!!!

Thanks again
Blaggers,
are you flying Bmibaby? If you are you may be able to preassign your seats via their website, though I see they charge for that now. At peak times it can take an age to get through Cardiff security so give yourself a little time. I used to turn up three quarters of an hour before flying, sometimes they would be calling my flight and I was still in the queue to get through security.
Hi anyone any ideas whether there is any hotels near the airport or that provide a shuttle service. we have to be at the airport at 5am so would be good if we could get somewhere to stay the night before, but needs to be fairly cheap. cheers. :lol:
There is a Days Inn and a Holiday Inn Express within walking distance of the airport - suggest you look on the web for prices/availability :)
There's also the Cwm Ciddy Motel, which has a nice bar/restaurant attached.
That is a Toby Hotel (part of Mitchell & Butlers) - bit too far to walk to the airport - don't know if they run a shuttle.
No, there's no shuttle, but they will order you a taxi - it costs about £5.
Stace, you might be better off looking for a cheap place in Cardiff centre and booking a taxi - depends on when youre going tho'.I suspect the hotels local to the airport will not be particularly cheap at this time of year.
Hi cheers for the replies we are goin on sept 10th this year. Have never flown from Cardiff(Usually use Birmingham or Bristol) but know its a fair distance from the city as went there to see concorde a couple of years ago. Am I right in thinkin its actually at Barry? The best price we have so far is at the days inn for £46 each which includes free parking. This is a bit over budget for us as we are a bit stretched.
The airport is actually W of Barry near Rhoose;a taxi from the City Centre would probably cost ~£20 so the price at the Days Inn seems pretty good.
There are probably cheaper B & Bs near to the airport but I guess you would have to try Yellow Pages or something to find them.
Hiya people

Can anyone rec any cheap off site parking around cardiff airport?? Looking at the last 2 weeks of august

Cheers

Leigh-Anne
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.