Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi MJK,

I got married in the dom rep at the fun royal/tropicale hotel, we took three children 12, 8 & 8 with us, and other friends and family, the hotel was lovely we had an inter-connecting room which was ideal it had a double bed in our room and three singles in the other room which was accessed through a door which could be locked! it is village style and only goes two floors high,
we used the kids club one day to see what the kids thought and we didn't see them much after that they loved the two girls that ran the club, not sure if they do a baby club,
The wedding was fantastic we were really looked after, you mentioned about the beach, the beach is a 10 min walk away we had photos taken on the beach we were taken there in a horsedrawn carriage,
The hotel is not one of the most luxurious in the dominican but if you are on a budget which we were! then as far as we were concerned it was all perfect,
If you need any more info on anything to do with getting married in the dominican feel free to ask we went through all the fun of getting all the paper work to deciding what to do with wedding clothes in luggage etc!!
Hi Snazzylaydee,

THanks for your reply. Fun Royale looks really nice, unfortunately kids club starts from 4., so we'd only be able to leave our oldest. Really I want to be able to leave the older two for a couple of hours so we can have a bit of time relaxing. All the places with a creche seem to be REALLY expensive e.g. Beaches, Almond Resorts.

Looking at Playa Pesquero in Cuba (kids club from 2), or maybe Holiday Inn Sunspree in Jamaica (babies upwards) at the mo. Just a bit worried I'll choose somewhere based on the kids club then won't actually feel confident in leaving them there when we get there!

However PP does look pretty good even without the facilities of the kids club.

Any other ideas gratefully received.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.