Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Its good to hear a positive review, I must admit I have been looking at their site as starting to think about holidays for next year once my leave has been sorted at work.

I quite like the look of their website too, lots of info so will give them a call when looking!
Can the caribbean warehouse arrange weddings in the caribbean as well?
Hi,

I've just booked a holiday with the Caribbean Warehouse, and am getting married while away. CW made the initial arrangements with the hotel's wedding coordinator - i.e. arranged date and time, advised numbers etc. They've given my contact details to the wedding coordinator and vice versa. After that it's down to me to arrange things direct with the hotel.

HTH
What airline do they use ?We are looking at Mexico for June 08! :)
Whilst I was enquiring, we went through various options of carrier choices.
The first holiday I selected would have been FC planes to the DR as our choice both for price and convenience, however in the end we opted for a holiday in Mexico and there was a special deal on mytravel which meant that they were about £150 cheaper than the FC flights (each).

So as far as I could tell it depends on where you are going and where you want to go from, which obviously limits the carrier choices available, but if you ask you can then probably have a choice.
ed

i am really surprised at your post as me and my husband have booked with carribean warehouse for our silver wedding anniversary next april and honestly the woman on the other end of the phone was brilliant.

we got a lot of information off her, good and bad regarding which holiday we wanted and ended up booking the excellence riviera cancun, we cant get over how much cheaper we got it for compared to other trave companys, if i was you i would get them to call you back again as the person you spoke to may be new and basically not very good at the job yet.

good luck and let me know how it goes
Unfortunatley, no company can guarantee the quality of the staff 100% of the time.

There are also occasions when they are very busy.

I have recommended Caribbean Warehouse to many friends based on price and service, who have gone on to book with them, but I do also know that occasionally I too have found them slower to respond during busy periods and I never did get a response when I emailed enquiring about the Far East Tours.

Caribbean Warehouse are part of the Global Travel Group, and there are several TA's now working under this banner, who are increasingly interested in your business, offering similar prices and high service levels. They need to keep on top of their service level if they are to keep their repeat customers, who as I found, will be very disappointed when their "excellent" price for loyalty, was not quite so excellent when compared to other prices offered by agents within the group on the first call. :)
Yep gotta endorse the thumbs up for Caribbean warehouse just returned from a wonderful 2 week stay in Mexico which was booked through them.
Booked yesterday for a holiday to Mexico ( excellence riviera Cancun) next Oct for a party of 8. I have to say that so far the service from Caribbean warehouse has been brilliant . Every question I had (and there were many lol!)was answered from first hand experience as all the staff have stayed at the hotels they have on offer. My calls were always answered promptly, I was given a direct line so the same guy dealt with our booking from start to finish and I found I recieved a really personal service. I really can't recommend them highly enough so far and the best bit was the price we paid couldn't be beaten by any other company we went to!
Mel
me and my husband have booked with carribean warehouse, they were brilliant on the phone, we are going to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and was recommended excellence riviara cancun, on this recomendation we booked it and fly out April 09, we cant wait, we couldnt believe how cheap they were compared to the othe companies.

hopefully everything will go smoothly and we get what we have paid for, we have booked preimier seats as well with them.

will let you all know how it goes, we cant wait.
hello,

I think we will be booking with CW in the next few weeks for our holiday to Barbados this late october at the escape at the gap. They have quoted us a really good price and saving us a few hundred!! We will be flying on a virgin flight and am just wondering does anyone know if I will still be able to check in online through Virgin's website even though I am booked with CW?

Also has anyone booked with CW to barbados before? Was everything smooth & easy?

Thanks for any help
Any up to date comments on Carribean Warehouse being safe to deal with..still excellent prices..but has anyone used them in last month or so ? thanks
We've just booked to leave on the 21st, but as with the last time I used them, they have answered all my queries and requests very patiently!
Their people in Mexico were very good.
When I queried some duff information I was given by the "rep" he went and retrieved his correspondence folder and after a few minutes rooting showed me the info from the venue which mirrored the facts he gave us; the venue itself had changed the entrance package without passing any details on!
Being local he was also able to arrange and provide info on non standard trips and days out.

This time our package is actually a TC one so apart from the payment it will be a TC trip all the way.
The CW probably mentioned to you that the holidays they arrange are a "package" and as such fully protected in the event of failure such as XLs.
This wasn't an issue for us as it was so close, but they still gave me all the detailed reassurances despite me trying to change the subject......
Seems a long time ago now, but I haven't updated due to lack of quality internet time.

We had our holiday in Cuba, the Playa Costa Verde to be exact.

It was just another Thomas Cook holiday, ie we weren't singled out as we had booked cheaper elsewhere.

The holiday itself was excellent, the rep, a Cuban called Nancy, was very good and very caring, she went out of her way to improve peoples holiday experience so part of it may have been down to her.

No point in talking about the hotel as it is not a normal offering from the Caribbean Warehouse.
The hotel was our choice and the Caribbean staff went out and got me a very good deal.
We thoroughly enjoyed the holiday and will have no qualms using the Caribbean Warehouse again should I once again manage to get a job that pays enough for holidays. In fact if I can't afford the Caribbean and decide to go else where for a cheaper holiday, I will probably give the CW a ring just in case they can get a better deal..
I have just booked with Caribbean Collection which is also part of The Global Travel Group (Caribbean Warehouse included) and Atol bonded. I found them very helpful and informative, and they gave me the best price I could get to go the Dominican Republic and the hotel of our choice. I have never booked with anyone other than the usual package tour operators so heres hoping they can deliver the same level of service. I am presuming they don't have reps in resort (could be wrong) but I'm sure we will manage if they don't!

Steph
Me and my husband booked with these last year for our 25th wedding anniversary, we went to Excellence Riviera Cancun and it was one of our best holidays ever, with it being cheaper than other tour operators we was a bit weary but i can honestly say they was fantastic. You still have a rep at your destination just like you do with Thomsons and the others.

We will definately be using them again when we want something special. although we did try them for dominican but thomsons came up cheaper this time, when we went last year with them we did go for special rooms and did get it a lot cheaper than thomsons.
I've just booked today a trip to GBP Esmeralda in the Dominican with Caribbean Warehouse for about 150 pounds less than Thomas Cook but the package is still with them.

I can't praise enough the person I had on the phone at several occasions (Leighton to name him !).

He's been very nice, efficient and interested in my travelling experience. An absolute joy to talk to.

If Mr. Wilson is reading those lines, I'd like to really give some kudos to Leighton.

My booking is only for Jan 2012 but I'm very pleased with the deal I've managed to get and even if I'm off to Cuba in 2 months, I'm already impatient for 2012 !!!
I'm after some info about how their website works. I'd like to price up a package holiday to the Dom Rep for summer 2012 but there is no search option for package holidays only hotels. When I put in the name of an hotel I may be interested in, it came up with a 'from £xxxx' price but no option to put in dates or departure airports. Does that mean that the 'from' price quoted is for accomodation only and the cost of the flights will be extra. Don't really want to phone for a quote at this point as I'm not ready to book but I would like an idea of price whilst I'm researching. thanks
Shirley, I had to ring them to get prices, and they are really competitive. :cheers Off Topic .... have you been to Iberostar Costa Dorada? as I have booked to go there in 6 weeks and there are no recent reviews on here :offtop
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.