Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
There are loads, I've never been charged for usage by any of them. When it asks you if you want to be charged in GBP say no and you will get your own bank's exchange rate.
Thanks for that - I am assuming they will accepted Cirrus cards - we are staying nearthe old town so will keep and eye out when we get there.
Hi just wondering if anyone knows if there are santander cash machines in puerto del carmen ( Abbey, Alliance + Leicster, Cater Allen) Then I wont get charged :)
There is an actual santander bank in PDC with there own cash machine outside. This is on the main strip not too far from mcdonalds if i remember correctly.

hope this helps Andy
Awwww, nice one thank you so much...I'll be takin my card with me then :)
3 more sleeps :):)
Will they take Nationwide debit and credit cards. Sorry for maybe a stupid question but never away before and do not want to carry cash. Thank you
As per your responses on TA it isn't Nationwide it's the visa or MasterCard logo which is the important part.
I have a Nationwide Debit card that I use when in Lanzarote As was said, it's the Visa logo that matters. At one time Nationwide didn't charge for using ATMs abroad but now they do, unless you have a Flexplus account. The charge is £1 +2% so don't be lifing out trivial amounts. If you have a Nationwide Select credit card use it to pay restaurant bills and you will not be charged any extra, pay the bill when you come home. You can find the VISA exchange rate here:- https://www.visaeurope.com/making-payments/exchange-rates

Always pay in Euros, whether at an ATM or in a restaurant, make sure you tell the waiter this before you pay.
  • Edited by robertk 2016-09-05 12:32:47
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.