Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
cash machines
4 Posts
there are cash machines all over the place. as i can remember, there's one by the main beach, one near tourist info (by the crazy golf), a couple near the slope as you enter the commercial centre and some more near el toros steak house and underneath harleys bar.
however, wouldn't it be cheaper to take travellers cheques and use your cash card as backup on a night out ? i used my cash card a few times and my bank charged me quite a lot for the transactions.
hope this helps 8)
Cost depends on the bank account you have - There are tons of banks and machines most will take a maesrto or visa card. You usually get the bank exchange rate - usually better than the exchanges but not always I foiund.

Nationwide flex acount holders dont get charged for foreign withdrawals - If I use HSBC though it costs me over 1.75 -

Travellers cheques are replaceable of course if oyu lose em or get them robbed and you can change as many as you want at a time.
Hi Vertra

If you look in general enquiries you will find how to locate ATM machines

follow this link

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=401

wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.