Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
cavtat
5 Posts
Hi Jackie,
Sorry to hear about your husband's accident.
We stayed at the Iberostar Albatros which is just outside Cavtat last May/June. There was a notice up saying the pool area was for guests only. To be honest there were not many hotels with pools although the Hotel Croatia in Cavtat has one. I don't know if it's open to the public but the hotel is up a load of steps as well. However there is quite a nice small bit of beach in front of this hotel where sunbeds are for hire.
I'm sorry I don't think we saw any play parks (but there might be one in Hotel Croatia). We weren't looking for one though as we are 50.
I am sure your little boy will enjoy a boat trip though and there are plenty of these. We went on one from Dubrovnik which we booked through a rep in the hotel even though we were travelling independantly. It was on a big pretend wooden galleon called Tirena and went to a couple of the islands. The staff on board were great, Croatian folk singers etc.
There is at least one agency in the village where you can book trips.
You will be able to get a water taxi from Cavtat to Dubrovnik (takes about 1 hour) and drops you right at the old harbour so you are straight in to the old town (not too much walking).
Enjoy your holidays,
Cheers, Jean
Hya Jean,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. The boat trip on the Galleon sounds great and the water taxi across to Dubrovnik will be ideal as Ive heard the bus drops you at the top with alot of steps to contend with. What was the weather like when you were their?and could you give me an idea of spending money for 2 adults and 1 child(under 2) for a week self catering with a few trips thrown in,
Thanks again

Jackie
Hi Jackie
Yes the bus does drop you off at the top of a load of steps.
I think the water taxi was 80Hk per person return. The galleon trip was 340HK each including lunch.
If you had a nice meal in a restaurant with tablecoths, nice wine etc we paid 350Hk for 2 courses for 2 people. I am sure you could eat for about 200HK if you went to more of a snack bar type place. There are plenty of pizza/pasta places. We found the cheapest bar was Zino's on the waterfront. A large draught beer was 12HK and a small bottle of wine 18HK.
The choice of icecreams is fantastic. You can get a massive one for about 10HK.
Car hire was quite expensive 1880HK for 4 days! This included the extra insurance which you need to go to Montenegro.
There are 2 small supermarkets in the village and about 4 ATMs.
We went on 29 May and not everything was open. The weather was pretty poor for the whole 2 weeks but we were assured by the locals that this was a freak. Apparently it is usually lovely and hot and sunny so you shouldn't have a problem. I'd take a light jacket/trousers though in case the evenings are cool.
Hope this has helped. Have a great time,
Yiamass, Jean
Again, thanks very much Jean, you have been very helpful. I shall post a report on return. Really looking forward too it now : 3 :) :) weeks to go
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.