Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
What a lovely gesture! I hope it all pans out.

I have been to both Dubrovnik and Cavtat. I would recommend Dubrovnik because it has far more 'going on' and good transport links between hotels and the city. Cavtat is close to the airport and is basically a small town/resort.

Whilst they might consider car hire a good way to visit, I would recommend the day tours offered by local tour operators - I took tours to Montenegro and Mostar with Atlas, and found I had plenty of time to explore without hassles of needing to find a car park and, more importantly, insurance issues for crossing the border ... I recently returned from Split where I hired a car and would have had to pay a substantial insurance and hire supplement to cross over into Bosnia had I wished to revisit Mostar or any other towns. within driving range. They could also visit Medjugorje which is a Marian shrine. And they could also visit the islands ... I recommend Lokrum which is a nature reserve with easy paths.

Unless you have big bucks with which to treat them, I think you will find it more affordable to find accommodation outside the city walls/old town of Dubrovnik. There is a good choice of hotels with different star ratings on the nearby Lapad peninsular and a regular and cheap bus service which will get them into central Dubrovnik.

Hope this helps ... and do let us know how you get on.
My recommendation is Dubrovnik - Old Town, but apartment prices are quite expensive compared to Cavtat. Wherever you go you will not go wrong.
Dubrovnik is overcrowded in top season, IMHO. And too expensive !
Dubrovnik is beauty but more expensive :/
depend how money you can spend,
And when exactly Are you going...

This is an old topic dating back 2 years so the OP will probably have been long ago.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.