Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Just come back from a week in Dubrovnik and stayed in Lapad

Lapad is around 3km from the old town, the bus service is frequent and runs until around 1am, a single ticket costs 10 Kuna if bought on the bus or 8 Kuna if bought from a Kiosk. I think a day ticket was 25 Kuna.

The area it's self is presently set out with hotels and bars, it's mainly geared towards older travellers and families. Considering your age group I would try and stay around the old town for nightlife. We also struggled to find accommodation online for old town so couldn't help you on that point.

If you fly into Dubrovnik airport you can catch a bus for 35 Kuna to Dubrovnik (just turn left when you exit the airport).

One other thing worth pointing out is that it was cheaper for two of us to hire a car for the day than do day long organised trips

Like most east European countries the bus is the easiest to travel between cities

Hope this is of some help, Alan
Hiya

we rented an apartment very near the old town - worked out great, and was of a very high standard - If there are 4 of you, i would definately sugest an apartment.

kev
Hey guys,

Yeah we got a hostel apartment near the old town. Hostel marker?? Does anyone know of it? Reviews and location seemed good.
Our plan is Dubrovnik ---> Hvar ---> Zadar ---> Plitzvice ---> Budapest ---> Prague

Initial plan is 3 nights in each. Is any worthy of more attention? We are leaving ourselves flexible enough so that we can extend stays in some parts if we like them a lot.

David
they're all fantastic - but I reckon Budapest is best....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.