Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Actually ate at the hotel many years ago when it first opened. Food and drinks will be expensive within the hotel, but theres loads of restaurants and bars by the hotel where you'll be able to eat and drink for a fraction of the price. AI has not caught on in Thailand (and I hope it never does) as there is an eating out culture, plus its worth checking just how comprehensive that AI is as often in Thailand the AI is not as all-inclusive as people expect. Plus £50 pp/per night would buy an awful lot of food and drink in Thailand.

Have you tried contacting the hotel - I've had other hotels in Thailand send me menu scans in the past to get a feel for costs so they may do the same.
Definitely don't go AI. £100 a day is a LOT of money in Thailand. A lot of the fun( like in Goa) is eating out and there are lots of great restaurants. :)
It says it's on Chaweng Beach, Shirley. The reviews look good, but as I have no knowledge of Koh Samui, I will happily be pointed in a different direction.
Oh I know the one Mobor, it is a really nice property, at the South end of Chaweng , near to lots of restaurants and bars, I am a travel agent and booked quite a few people there over the years, they have been very happy with it.

Absolutely no way would I go AI in Thailand though, there are so many lovely restaurants and it is pretty cheap.
Absolutely no way would I go AI in Thailand though, there are so many lovely restaurants and it is pretty cheap.

Snap.

Don't go a/i in Thailand it will detract from your holiday and be really limiting.
I'm still investigating, and looking at the club option too. Does look like a lovely holiday.

I don't suppose Shirley is allowed to tell us who she works for?
Not sure Mobor if I can ?? I will if the Mods allow it ;) aren't you off to Bali soon?
Well I work for Thomson Holidays , have done for 17 years !
I'm back from Bali, Shirley. Had a lovely time (except for the earthquake at the airport!!). Off to Goa in December, but planning for next summer now!
Thomson eh? I've had a look on the Thomson Worldwide website and the prices don't seem to bad. Good flights with Thai airways too.

I think this hotel looks really nice, and seems in a good spot, but I'll happily look at other suggestions. Don't know whether to book early, or get a shortlist of half a dozen hotels, and try and get a late bargain.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.