UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi Allie, welcome to HT! :wave

In case you haven't seen them we have reviews for Center Parcs Longleat Forest HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
I have the activities brochure here with all the prices in as we are going on Jan 22nd :)
it says :

3 hrs in the spa = £32 age 14+
mon & fri between 1pm - 9pm its £26 for 3 hrs

HTH
Hi
We are off to Longleat in April for my Dads 60th Birthday.
He is a very fussy eatter. Does anyone know who I would contact to get a rough menu for the restaurants at Centre Parcs?
Would I have to pre book to guarentee a table?
Are all the restaurants child friendly? (Have a 4 month old in Party)

Alternatively can anyone recommend a pub / restuarant near by that serves NICE typical English food?
on the Center Parcs website under the restaurants section there are some sample menus.

I would definately recommend the sunday roast in La Sappinerre.(spelling???) Wonderful food and excellent service for a very good price.

Allie - We stayed in the 2 storey executive lodges last year. They were fantastic. very close to the pool, shops & restaurants and all rooms were en-suite and a sauna out the back. Well worth paying that little bit extra. so just make sure request these specific lodges in ASH area. We were in numbers 838, 839 & 840. These are all 3 bed lodges.
Does anyone know how frequently the Land Train runs? And also up until what time?
Are the trains big - do people generally get on the 1st one that comes along or do you often have to wait for space?
Can you fit a pram on there or would I have to collapse it down?

Sorry for all the questions!!!!
The train runs approximately every 20-30 mins, not sure what time it stops/starts.
You can get a buggy on the back of the train without folding it down but if the train is busy and you need to sit further forward then you would need to fold the buggy (and sometimes the trains can be quite busy)
DONT order food from their Indian restaurant to be brought to your house/chalet. We phoned one Sunday night and they offered delivery about 2.5 hours after we order, terrible service.
Hi Gemma
Thanks for the response, we went last week and found it quite a nuisance having to put the buggy down everytime we got on the train. To be honest I wont be returning to Longleat as found the hills to be too much when walking back to the firs area. As we couldnt all hire bikes as the baby is too young to go in the trailers.

We decided to have Indian on our last night and phoned to order and were told that they dont deliver, not a problem we sent our 2 fitest bikers to go and collect it, but were told it was a 2 1/2hr wait to collect it!!!! by this time we had no choice as it was too late for us all to get out and have a meal at the plaza and get the last train back.
So 3hrs later they return with the meal but it was the wrong order and had leaked everywhere!!!! What I didnt understand was that the other restaurants seemed fairly quiet and we had no trouble getting a table for 7.
Challdell also the Indian food wasnt up to much and I threw most of mine out.
I am probably a bit fussy but I like chicken to look very white and this stuff didnt :whoops so most of it went in the bin.
Yes it was very hilly as well.
My sister is going to the Center Parcs at Cumbria for a week this year, hopefully she will have more success there!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.