Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
Thought i would post a review of our trip at Center Parcs Loohurst Holland.
We travelled via Eurotunnel to Calais, and then drove through Belgium and Holland. The drive time is approx 3hrs 20mins. We did stop enroute and did get lost around Antwerp!!
The village is located approx 48km from Eindhoven, and is set in a lovely area of Holland. If you have done CP in the UK (we have done Longleat and Elveden) we found this very different !!
The CP sites in Europe are graded depended on their facilities within the village itself. This was a last minute bargain at one of the 3* villages.
If you have kids under the age of 6 then its fine, anything over this age look to another village.
The parc is tiny it takes about 10 mins to cycle round it! Hardly anyone was cycling though?? Also cars are allowed on the parc whenever, it is NOT only on arrival and departure days as it is here.
We stayed in a comfort cottage and was ok but very basic and tired looking. Pets are allowed and this is obvious by the smell that we had in our cottage, and the fact that there was quite a bit of dog fouling left around which did not impress me!
The pool area has one largish pool which makes waves occassionally, 1 twisty flume, small outdoor pool and another small indoor pool which has a very brief lazy river. 2 hot tubs and a babies pool area too.
Changing rooms were very clean and plenty of chairs and tables.
Parcmarket was well equipped and fairly priced. Inside the small market dome were a few shops and restaurants. Everyone seemed to smoke and in the evening the place was full of butts on the floor and litter.
The country club is a small bar with a reservation computer in it so you can book things. It seemed the only sports to do were tennis, mini golf, badminton, beach volleyball ??
There is a cycle centre, but like i said surprisingly hardly anyone rides. We also noticed how few bike parks there were so you can lock your bike up. There is a small kids club where you can stay in with your kids but they have to be 6 and under and you cannot leave them.
It advertises a pancake house but it is closed down.
I would return to a European Cp again, but would only take a village which is 5* and also book an exec cottage.
We did cycling, swimming, crazy golf, cycling, swimming and cycling coz that's all there was really to do !!!
The kids enjoyed themselves they are 6 and 8 years old, and thats what really mattered.
To sum up, if you have very young children its fine, if you are looking for a CP with loads of things to do and great accomodation then this parc is not for you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.