General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Yep, read about this a few weeks ago and whilst you start with 12 points, you get more added for good behaviour. :roll:
How the hell they are going to implement all aspects of this with regards to tourists is beyond me....

Also read that driving at 90km/h in cities would lead to a jail sentence........that essentially would put most taxi drivers in jail within the next week....could only happen in Spain.!

SanJi x
I have just checked through the leaflet sent out regarding the new law in Spain, and I can find nothing in it that specifically relates to child seats. Whilst I obviously agree with The PeacockRocks suggestion that if possible take carseats with you on hols, the leaflet says that a driver would lose 3 points if "driving without a safety belt, helmet or other obligatory safety devices"

Everyone who has been driving for more than three years, starts off with 12 points. If after a further three years you have not committed any offence another 2 points will be added, then in yet another three years if your licence is still clean, you will awarded 1 more point!!!!! 15 is the maximum amount of points you can get, and it will take 6 years of clean driving to get that!!!!!!!

I agree with Sanji, how on earth this law will be able to be implemented for tourists I have no idea!!! I imagine they will just carry on with on the spot fines!!!!
Spain is trying to get the points system validated throughout the EU and to try to get you that way, which seems rather odd for a country who have relied on tourism for the greater part of its GDP for many years. The EU are in favour but are notorious for using smaller countries for `kite flying` exercises in exchange for some additional grants!!!
The good thing is Spain and the EU are in charge...like Madsue says they will just go on as before...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.