Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Travelling from which airport to which destination?

fwh
bmi baby. They said we would have to contact lowcost holidays as they should have taken the details at the time of booking. which I will do now. from east midlands to majorca
lowcost holidays should have informed you of how to add your API (advanced passenger information) onto the bmi flight details. Which you can do online with your unique flight booking ref. It clearly states on the bmi website that there will be a charge at check-in (£5pp per segment), if you don't do it before. You should have been notified in writing of the API requirement and charge, prior to departure, even if they didn't take your information form you at the time of booking.

Hope you get somewhere.
We usually fly with Jet2 to Spain and have to fill in the information online before travel. It's a Spainish regulation I think.
Yes it is a Spanish regulation. Introduce about 2 years ago I think.
I must admit trying to get them to speak to you, email you or anything is like getting blood out of a stone. You hang on the phone for over 30 minutes each time and when you try and ask for an email confirmation of anything you have done you don't get it. We booked extra leg room aswell and didn't get confirmation of that like we should have done. Alls well that ended well with that though thank goodness. Thanks for your help
You need to read this Government info about the Supply of Goods and Services Act . Note the phrase reasonable care and skill. Do you think they exercised this when they sold you flights without warning you of the airline's standard conditions which are clearly published (given that they are supposed to be professional agents)? I'd say you have good grounds for a claim against them. Actually going to the County Court for £40 may be more hassle than it's worth, I did it for £50 once (MyTravel) but I'm only 10 minutes walk away! It's certainly worth a letter (not email) of complaint demanding they give you the money. Print the Government's notes off , highlight the phrase, then print the page off the BMI website and pin it all to the letter. Keep copies of everything.

And add details of your problem to the lowcost thread at http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=137894&hilit=+lowcost+holidays+ so that others can easily find out how they work.
we are flying with monarch on wed,as far as i know we have not given passport details to anyone.we are going to spain,anyone been with monarch recently,info appreciated.
regards. percy123
It's not the airline who insist on API it's the Spanish Authorities. Therefore I'd check with Monarch online or on the phone.

Here's the section on the website covering the API

http://flights.monarch.co.uk/cnt/travelinfo/checkin.asp
API is required for a number of destinations now including Malta and Turkey. I didn't realise though that you could be charged for providing it at the airport though :(
It's only a matter of time before some airlines charge you for being smiled at. The charge is nothing to do with any particular country's rule. BMI demand the API and will charge on all routes, including those where it isn't required!
when did the turkey rule come into affect as we were there a few weeks ago and didnt have to do this except on the plane fill out a form for swine flu which asked other questions and im going back in 6 weeks and nothings been said to me
I think it is an airline decision for Turkey at the moment. We needed to add it recently for Easyjet flights. You can add it on their website prior to travel or they take the information from your passport when you check in. They certainly don't charge yet - an opportunity missed I fear!
Oh yes, I forgot I recently booked some BA seats to Turkey and had to add the API for those too.

I think your next flights are Thomas Cook Ellie-Meg? (we're both on that horrendous night flight I'm dreading!) - I travelled to Turkey with them in May and the API wasn't required.
im flying out with easy jet and returning with tc on that awful night flight, so ill check their websites and see what it says and see if i can do it online, gosh didnt know anything about that :think
percy 123, Might be too late with the info but ...... My wife & daughters flew with Monarch to Portugal last weekend ... they had to input API in advance using their log in & unique booking ref. on the Monarch site - don't know how much they would have been charged at check in if they hadn't. It wasn't clear from the original booking info that this was required however - we only found out by chance!! :cry
API is required for a number of destinations now including Malta and Turkey.

It seems Prague can also be added to the list. I had to give API a couple of days ago when I booked flights there with Easyjet.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.