Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Didn't you check the display on the side of the baggage scales at the check-in desk?
I'd complain if someone tried to extract £60 from me for no good reason.

There's now no proof to substantiate your claim so you've little chance of a successful complaint.

I'm curious as to how early bookers ".....would be charged in other ways". But if we're talking of Excel Airways here, nothing much would suprise me.
Yes we did check and it was well over- but who is to say they hadnt done anything to them!!!!
They reckon that the fuel prices have gone up dramatically thats why they need to charge early bookers in different places.
But we are very honest people and all I can say is that my case was as full and heavy when wecame home and the weight on the scales said 19
I have kept the brochure on the plane as proof and itclearly says they will target early bookings in other ways!
Hi I invested in a set of Luggage scales. Allow 5percentage for error and then argue. Never trust electronics.
cheers

Dave
This is just an other way of the honest tourist being ripped off by both the airline and tour operator. When we attend the airport we are all excited and generally care free and would not usually think twice about accepting their word and paying for the conseqences if its a reasonable sum, it is only afterwards that you really think about it. After all we just want to get rid of the luggage, relax in the lounge and pick it up again when we reach our destination.

This fuel cost excuse is just a joke, if they are going to penilise people if a allowance is exceeded, what about the poor passenger, after all there is a vast difference in the weight of an individual person, will they start weighing us ?

They say the additional cost is based on the weight over your allocated luggae allowance and they have to allow for additional fuel based on this.

Makes you think! :roll:
@kmann....Oh My God, I cant believe it...................

If you check under the Airtours complaints thread, you will see exactly the same thing happened to me, when I went with them in March and we had booked since November.

We were charged £44 excess, since we were an apparent 11kg over our limit. I for one dont believe for a second this is true. We weighed our cases on normal scales 3 times before we went as I was paranoid this would happen, and I couldnt believe it when it happened, as we were well under the 20kg mark! Especially as you said, on the way back we were a massive 8kg UNDER weight - with all our souvenirs!! HOW COULD THIS BE?!?!

I have since written to Airtours to complain and they have told me in no uncertain terms that since I dont have a receipt, I wouldnt be allowed to get a refund. BUT of course, crafty Airtours, I had to trade in whatever I had at the check-in desk for my Boarding cards!! Did you have any receipt of some kind?!?!

It really ruined the start of my holiday, as I was fuming for a day!! Not to mention ate into my holiday money.
If you are travelled as a couple were you not allowed 20 kilo each giving you a total of 40. We have 4 kids and we always get a total of 120 Kilo.
:? :?
Yes we had 20 each which were were allegedly over by 15!!!!
I have kept the receipt so I have nothing to lose if I complain.
We had no receipt, so make sure you send a copy of yours when you complain!!!
yes I will Its took me all morning to find an address for Excell There phone system is a joke-but I am not surprised
Thanks I will let you know how I get on.
Sorry forgot to ask where did you get your luggage Scales from?
Excel Airways:
xla@airlinecrm.com
or
5, The Enterprise Centre
Kelvin Lane
CRAWLEY
RH10 9PT

Phone 01293 440002
Fax 01293 440006

If this helps.
There are always rumours of Baggage Scales being tampered with in the airports to "Get Your Money", sorry to relay the truth but this is 99% not the case. The scales are managed by the airport, if in doubt ask to see the calibration certficate and look to see when it was last checked.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.