Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Nicola, you have been more often than I have so you have a much better idea of how much things can cost.
We recently returned from a 3 week trip and only spent about £550 in total. We didn't attempt to save money and spent as we felt like. By finding an outstanding value for money restaurant like "Starlight" in Arpora we could eat and drink very well for less than £10 per night. This allowed us to indulge on more expensive places like J&A's several times too.
If you avoid taking taxi's everywhere you not only save money but get some excercise and see more. For a day out in Panjim take the bus, it's great fun and will cost you next to nothing.
Of course if you include spending on things to come home with , especially jewelry , the cost of your holiday will soar but to be honest you shouldn't need anywhere near £1000 on pure holiday food , drink and entertainment unless you choose to really indulge yourselves !!!!!
I don't see what your problem will be, £1000 is a lot of money to spend in Goa, I haven't been for two years but I wouldn't have expected the prices to have increased that much and we struggled to spend more that £600 for the two of us and that included After 7 etc
Thanks, we were there in Jan 2008, but we spent around 1000pounds. 200pounds was for a hospital bill, but we claimed it back at home.

I just dont understand how we spent the other 800pounds :que . We didnt go to posh restaurants, as we have a child with us, so evenings were spent in the shacks, or little restaurants.

We didnt buy any silver or gold, but we spent about 100pounds for duty free.
Yummeymummy I think you must still have £500 hiding in the lining of your handbag or suitcase

Prices have gone up a bit and there is only 68/70 Rs to the £ but eating and drinking in shacks you would still be push to spend £25/30 a day three

There is a great shack nearly on the beach called "Wilsons" that is really cheap, you get to it by making for the beach from an alley in the right hand corner of the callungute car and bus parking area

Me
I know where you mean, i first went to Wilsons in 2007, after someone from the same hotel as us took us :)
We went again last year and found it to be very nice.
Hi Nicola

I am confused I thought you were going to Mexico this year and giving Goa a miss or have I had too much Christmas Sherry

Sue
Hi Sue, no you haven't had too much christmas sherry :rofl . We had a change of plan (or should i say i had a change of plan as it was me who decided).

After looking into Mexico for a couple of weeks i decided it was far too expensive, and if we did go to Mexico, we wouldn't be able to do much other than stay in the hotel as the trips over there are expensive.
:wave: yummymummy you mentioned a waterpark just wondering where it is and whats ther as haven't heard this park mentioned before
:cheers
Thanks Nicola, glad I havnt loss the plot yet, have a great time. Will still keep you up to date with the DR.

Sue
yummymummy you mentioned a waterpark just wondering where it is and whats ther as haven't heard this park mentioned before

Hi, as you get to Baga bridge, theres the riverside guest house on your right, along with sublime, and that chinese restaurant attached to the riverside guesthouse. Turn right, then its about 250yards down the road leading down to Arpora.

Its on the same road as Mojo's restaurant, and Mackies market, but further up towards Baga.

Hope this helps :)

Susansh - thanks, yes keep me up to date on the DR, id love to hear about your trip :) Hope you have a good time, and tell me if you find it better than Goa.
Jelly123 - i forgot to mention that it is only a small waterpark. Its attached to the blue waves restaurant, the food is ok, although i only had the steak and veg.

It cost us 750rs for 3 of us, so 250 each. Theres a pool with 2 slides side my side, then on the opposite part of the same pool theres a rubber ring slide.
These are both staffed.

Theres sunbathing areas, on the garden, and next to another pool, which i think is suitable for young ones, as the water is shallow.
:cheers yummymummy
My lad loves water so it'l proberbly be worth a visit :tup
aww, how old is he? my little boy loves water too, although he isnt keen on the sea, he prefers the swimming pool and water park.

Its definetly worth a visit, even if its just for a couple of hours.
He's 8 so not so little anymore
He never sits still always on the go so going somewhere like that will keep him happy and give me some peace :sun2 :rofl
:rofl sorry, i knew how old he was as i read it in your question, i think i had a blonde moment, and im not even blonde haha.

My son is the same as yours. He is very hyperactive. At one point the doctors thought he had ADHD, but he doesnt.

He can sit through the 10 hour flight as long as hes got films to watch.

Ive got a tip for you, in the evenings take him for your evening meal at any beach shack. That way he wont annoy other holiday makers, as you cant expect him to sit perfectly still for a long time. But some holidaymakers are stuck up and dont think kids should be in Goa.

Dont get me wrong, im not saying dont take him to restaurants, do that as its your holiday too. But if you eat at a beach shack your little boy will have hours of fun on the beach right in front of you :)
:cheers great tip thanx
It will stop us both from stressing out and i'l get even more time to relax :D
We find the shacks can be as expensive or more than restaurants, usually as we have more booze than at a restaurant.
I just dont understand how we spent the other 800pounds :que . We didnt go to posh restaurants,

well I know the feeling yummymummy!! we live here most of the time and have spent £300 since New Years day!! thats only 6 days!! and havent even been to the beach....or eaten out every day and when we have I have had water mostly to drink!!?? where does it go!!?? :que and yet some weeks we spend very little.....
chilly
£300 in 6 days and you can't figure out on what ! I'd be worried !!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.