Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I think Icmeler would be a good choice for you, can't comment on accommodation as the place I was thinking about is right on the beach beside restaurants but think it would be expensive for you on your own
Can I suggest that you take a look at Bitez on the Bodrum peninsula? It seems to fit in with what you require. It's not a long transfer time from the airport either and is a lovely place for a relaxing holiday. There's lovely restaurants along the beach front

I guess that you would probably be better booking flights and accommodation separately as you're a single traveller. I've just had a quick look on the Travel Republic website and you can get B&B from around £90 for 10 days. It would then depend on where you're flying from as to the flight price.

Hope this helps a little. As an afterthought, there are other resorts on the peninsula that may suit you as well - Yalikavak springs to mind so that may be worth looking at as well.
I have had a holiday alone in Bitez, near Bodrum and that was nice. It is small enough to wander around safely but not dead quiet. The beach is nice and it is close to Bodrum if you facny a shopping trip or a bit of sightseeing. I stayed at Basri Apartments they are set back a bit but are only a few minutes form the main beach front. There are some nice hotes on the beach front too, which would be perfect, Okaliptus Hotel is nice but that would be more expensive than an apartment I think..

It would certainly be cheaper to book flight and accomodation separately.

Kedi
Forgot about Bitez, an other great choice for a single person going on holiday.And its also a very nice place
I'd say Bitez. :sun2

The Manuela Hotel would look after you fine. Lovely staff. On the beach, and not much for B & B

You will also get the personal touch there. :cheers

Marn.
  • Edited by marn 2010-03-07 00:29:45
Yes, Manuela would probably suit you, I have stayed there too. It is very good value and they can arrange to meet you from the airport too.
oh great replies and suggestions, thank you, any ideas anyone if it's possible to contact the suggested Manuela apartments direct? Think I'll probably try Bitez... thanks again,
From a previous topic

the email you want is info@manuelahotel.com and address it for the attention of Oktay he speaks excellent English

luci :wave
Contact Icmeler-on-line as they will be able to advise which accommodation does not incur a single supplement.
They have a vast choice of hotels and apartments available.
Although I have been to many other resorts in Turkey.Icmeler is the only one I would feel comfortable on my own.
I visited Bitez last May from Gumbet and I thought the Manuela and the area at the side of the hotel,looked run down.
I was disappointed as it was a hotel I had always wanted to visit as one of the Mods used to stay here a few years ago.
The Manuela also has it's own web site. Just google search Manuela Hotel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.