Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Do a search on http://www.charterflight.co.uk If you search from the end of January with 90 days either side this will show all of the flights in the season. They have 14 days from £259 upwards at present.
I would say the couple of weeks before xmas is the cheapest time for last minute deals. Regarding the Charterflights web site mentioned in the previous pos tthe actual price of the flight turns out approx. £70 more than the search shows when you try to book, also a couple of days ago I phoned them for a price and availability check on a Monarch flight to Goa for next month and on top of the £70 add on they also tried to say the Monarch luggage allowance was now 15kgs and there was an extra add on if you wanted the 20kgs allowance I,ve since checked deals in several other placec and found that the 15kgs weight limit doesnt apply anywhere else, so be very carefull with tempting lead in prices which are'nt what they seem Alan
Just had a look at the above.

Fri Dec 1st

advertised price (flight only) £279 Final price £372 paying by CC.

staying for 2 weeks.

Then it seams to go up £100 for every extra weeks stay? :roll:

strange for a flight only
just like to add

southhall travel looks like the best deals (for me at least)
:( I've found the flights to be a lot more expensive this year!!
I'd agree with the last post, I,ve been told by some last minute companies that the number of charters this season have been cut back, especialy Monarch, hence, apart from the usual cheap periods like before xmas, the tickets will cost more this year, conversley the cheduled flight are much cheaper, but longer, especially if you stay up north and have to treck down to London first Alan
Gramps,

Why would the charters be cut back, are the numbers of tourists on packages reducing?

Or is it that more and more people are making their own way there (via schedule flights)?
Hi Sydney.

I think it is a bit of both, going DIY can save a lot of money especially for a family plus you can go and return on the days you chose and not have to rely on charter flights.

Then there is the trip across Bombay, Hair raising but the experience is worth it. :lol:

Then there is the fact that most charter holidays only give the option of one ore two weeks stay, where as lots of people want to stay longer.

Alan have a look at BMI, they have flights from Manchester Heathrow for as little as £25 including tax, see if they fly from your local airport.

Lez
If you have the time span to do last minute I'd check for the weekend Christmas or New Year is in a lot of travellers don't like flying home or to Goa if it interupts the festive season. worth a try good luck 8)
Not sure when Xmas falls this year but I know last year I met a gang of people who had flown in on charter from Manchester for £129, only problem was that they flew home on Xmas day!!

GFF xx
Not sure when Xmas falls this year.
GFF, It is on the same day as it was last year!
Rayx :D
Ray :roll:
I thought she'd got away with it! :lol:
Christmas day is on a monday this year...
Sorry, couldn't resist that one :lol:
..............that'll be the 25th of december then.........oh you are so cruel!!!, I must have been having a blonde moment :-)

GFF xxxx
love it :lol: its all laughs on here today!!
chilly
Hope my post about the cider made you laugh chilly ....I know when I drink cider it sure does make me laugh.. :glynis ...hic...hic
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.