General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi majorcagirl ... for info about your flight, you might be best posting in the CYPRUS AIRWAYS topic in our Airlines & Airports forum.

David :wave
We booked with Direct Holidays and paid for your seat your choice...with this u can book in on line... but i have the same questions and not sure what to do...... :think so we are just going to book in as normal...dont want anything to go wrong :(
hi ive booked my flights with jet2 to portugal and ive checked in online, when you get to the airport there will be a desk for you to drop your luggage they will weigh it and thats it you can go straight to departure lounge,ive done it before easy, at least doing it this way you can bypass the big queues for checkin.

caz
But how do u know where to drop luggage off...it says on direct holidays that there is a designated bag drop for thomas cook... I know it sounds silly but i am a proper worrier :(
I wouldn't mind knowing the answer too - I was thinking of doing this next month, I am going with Thomson Cruising flying to Corfu and thought about checking in on line, but thought I would then have to queue with baggage, so could not see the point in checking in on line?
witchever airline your travelling with they will have a designated area to drop your bags if you look on the Q&A section on there website it should tell you which terminal they are located in,hope this helps.
Hummpphhh just looked at Gatwick (North) and Thomson is not listed for on-line check-ins.

Good luck with yours majorcagirl :tup
if ur flying with thomson go to there check in area and there will be a bag drop area for online check in.
Caz068...cannot find any information :que think i will just check in as normal...thanks again :)
Caz Thomson do not do online check in at Gatwick North have checked the Gatwick website and Thomson they do night before check in, but you have to go the night before so can't be bothered with that ;)
I seem to have opened up a can of worms :que I'm with you scully, I'll queue up with the other passengers.Thanks for the advice from everyone. :tup
All I can suggest is that by checking in on line, you are considered to be guaranteed to be on the flight - ie not a no-show - and that you might be able to choose your seat in advance.

My previous experiences with BA and WN has shown bag drop to be far quicker than checking in at the airport.
I'm going to be checking in on line for my flight to turkey. I've done this once before but couldn't find the bag drop at Bristol airport. It didn't cause a problem because the Easyjet check-in desk was empty when we got there so just went there instead ;) In Prague airport on the way back i took a while finding the drop off desk as there didn't seem to be any signs for it. Luckily we arrived before any of the desks had opened and in time to hear the announcement that on-line check in passengers should proceed to the Speedy boarding desk which was right in front ot us :)

This year we're flyinbg from cardiff so I'm not sure what to expect. It says on my tickets I can check in from Monday (a week before we fly) so I'm going to give it a go.
Hi Shirley ...does that mean that when u check in on line berore your departure flight u are also checking in for your flight coming home????? :que
Hi Shirley ...does that mean that when u check in on line berore your departure flight u are also checking in for your flight coming home?????

I did when we went to Prague at New year. I'll see what info they ask for when I check-in on line next week. I'll keep you informed. TBH, I don't think anything can go wrong. The worst that can happen is that you can't find the bag drop off and then you'll just have to proceed to the usual check-in queue.
thanks Shirley...we fly on Wednesday though :cheers
oops, I'll be too late to update you then. Are you going to give it a go Scully?
shirley - I was always under the opinion that you could only check in on line if you didn't have any hold luggage - if you were just travelling with hand luggage.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.