Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Yes there's the little train that runs around the resort.

There's also plenty of shops etc for a mooch around. Another option is Fiesa which has brilliant sand sculptures. We always pop into here when we visit the Algarve:- http://www.fiesa.org/ However I'm not sure about how you'd get there as we always have a car.

Am sure you'll both have a brilliant time :tup
If you pop into one of the ticket shops, you'll find lots of leaflets for the various water parks. Your son might also like to go to Zoomarine which is a great day out. If you're feeling very generous, he could swim with dolphins there! This will need to be pre-booked.

At the local shopping centre, Algarve Shopping, there are cinemas showing films in English, and there used to be a bowling alley but I'm not sure whether it's still there.

If he likes swimming he'll love the beaches!

Have fun! :hyper
Thanks to both of you :cheers

I actually went on a trip to Lisbon, so not sure how I forgot about the excursion ticket offices as we used one for our trip.

I forgot to say that although he loves swimming he hates the sea. He has sensitive skin so the water and sand irritates his skin :( . He likes building sanc castles though, which brings me onto another question, do you know how much sun loungers and brollies are on the beach?
As we went in November there weren't any available, even though it was very warm.
If he is into swimming from what I remember slide and splash ( if it's still called that) do an included transfer by coach with the cost of their entry ticket, might be a slight premium over paying at the gate, bur cheaper than a taxi etc

Obviously you are more restricted as to arrival times and leaving times than when you hire a car, as most coaches seemed to turn up at about 5 pm to collect, and the place empties out a bit even though I think it's open till at least 7pm. By 5 pm though you might be ready to leave anyway.

There is another waterpark as well that I have been to but can't recall the name it probably does something similar and might be nearer to where you are staying. I am sure all the tourist places will have details.

:sun2
Thanks doe, I have been looking at the water parks, and the transfers do sound appealing as I doubt I'd be wanting to hire a car (I do so much driving at home with work, so I just want a rest)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.