Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
The majority of bars sell cider the main one being Magners irish cider, not sure about English lager.Some bars do sell San Miguel which is better than the local brew. Sagres is a better lager than Super Bock, and Cristal is nice but only sold in bottles. I also think you can get Heiniken in bottles , being a wine drinker rather than a lager drinker maybe some other members could give you more information. The average price in bars for draught cider & lager is approx 2.50 euros but lots of bars with entertainment on charge a lot more. Cheers Jayjan
Hello there,sim sorry Jayjan but San Miguel is not better than the portuguese beers hehe. Like you said shame Cristal seems to be only sold on bottles even the cafes i knew that had it on"tap" don't have it anymore:( Apart from that loads of bars in the strip will have English lager so won't be a problem:-) Enjoy your hols:-)
The nearest football ground is Estadio Municipal in Albufeira, home to Imortal Albufeira - unfortunately the season will not have started in August though. :cry:
Thanks for that. 2 euro 50 not bad. Went to Cyprus last year and found the drink prices very dear but I suppose it is like everywhere these days. 13 weeks and counting.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.