Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Cigarette Prices
21 Posts
I bought 200 B&H for $12 in Duty Free when I was leaving. Not sure of the prices in resort though.
cost you about a tenner a carton.
Thought I was getting a bargain buying ciggies in Goa. Cost just under £12 for 200 embassy regal in Calangute. Arrived at the duty free at Dabolim and they were only £6!!! :bhead
so much better to buy at the airport.
Enjoy your holiday. You will love goa, its fantastic.
gemma make sure the duty free will be open :!: when we were in goa our flight was with f/c and around 6 am and the duty free was closed :rage there is a small shop and it will be open but they dont sell a lot and things sell out fast .........so make sure if one is closed get to the outher as fast as you can ............. :pele
Try to find the brand called Wyn they are approx 250 rps for 200 - they are o.k and are the best value :wink:
make sure the duty free will be open when we were in goa our flight was with f/c and around 6 am and the duty free was closed

Does anyone know what time the duty free shop opens? im on a morning flight, i think we depart from goa about 7:30 am.
Also what are the prices like at Barhain as we'll be stopping in barhain.

Thanks
Hi Yummymummy,
Went in December 2005, If you bought 1000 pack, it worked out at £5.80 for 200 & I think the 200's seperately worked out at just under £7. It is wether you have the nerve to try to bring 1000 back.
I have been told on good authority, that customs in Manchester are much keener at the end of April (due to it being the end of the season). We will probably bump into each other at some point in April at Lazy days, as Myself, the Mrs & my daughter are there at the same time as you, so more info then.

Regards
Stewbacca :glynis
Thanks for the info stewbacca. Yep will more than likely be calling into the lazyday meetups so will be mivering you for more info on duty free then :glynis :rofl

Roll on April 6th :D
Hi Heather i bought 200 in Bahrain ( super king menthol) for £6 they all seemed to be around that price. Then whilst there i visited a supermarket in candolim they were only £7 for 200 there. Anna
Yes Colleen very true. Our flight back next February is 6.15am :yikes
However we hope to go in November so I will check opening times etc then.
Hi, Got back last night from calangute. We arrived at the airport at 3.15 in the morning, the main gates were locked and there was a queue of taxis outside ! The main duty free shop (if you can call it that)! was closed, but the other small shop was open, which doesn't sell any of the main brand ciggies. Our flight left at 7.45 am and the main shop was still closed. We bought our L & B in Calangute for 750 r per 200. they are 850 r in some shops.
:wave hi deandal are the L&B ok are they the good ones :?: I will need to bring some home for my son.......thats a good price even at the 850 rupees i just want to be sure they are real L&B :glynis
Hi IrishColleen, Yes they are the real ones. The best place to buy them are in a supermarket opposite the football field in calangute. We bought 2000 !!
Heather,
if you buy in Bahrain, remember that you are limited to what you can take into Goa from outside.
del949
For the first time I seen Silk Cut light blue in Newtons supermarket in November can anyone tell me if they can still be bought out in Goa ....colleen
we always get a supply from a tiny shop near to the osborne resort candolim,
lovely lady that runs the shop.
in november we paid £4 for 200 L&M and less than £9 for 5 pouches of drum tabbaco,
my step son and brother running out so it looks like another trip called for , :cheers
Don't smoke but have been told that there are two types of cigerrettes, those made in India that taste a bit strong and sell for about 450 Rps for 200 or the milder european ones imported from switzerland that retail for900 Rps

Alexander who used to work at the CSM hotel and then opened a shop in CSM road used to keep both types.
Can't remember where I read it but somewhere said that the 'real' cigarettes have the nicotine etc detailed.
Have spoke to a puffer tonight who tells me I have got it all wrong , the Indian fags are made in china and it comes down to who you buy from as to what you get for your money. He smokes RED & WHITE premium at 17.50 Rps for 10 but gets them for 150 Rps for 200 in Mapusa, the rest you chance your arm on. Glad I only drink
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.