Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I am staying at the Excelsior at the end of September and as far as I can work out they are a couple of minutes from the Epic, closer to the Ampitheatre.

Hope this helps.
:)
yes you go past the ampitheatre, keep walking and its down a side road on youre right,bit far out for my liking but a beautiful hotel .we stayed in the one with the shops and hairdressers in . the apartments were excellent , the only problem we had ,we were at the back and the curtains were that thick we didnt wake up till 3pm each day :lol: good job it was just me and hubby :wink: mind you comming in at 5am every morning didnt help
not far from club ilayda if thats on the map.
hi we have stayed at club excelsior for the past 2 years lovely apartments,if you go to the ampetheatre you can catch dolmus into town or wak takes around 10 mins.great place to stay and would def recommed massageand turkishbath in hotel
Hi Glen
Excelsior is number 35 on this map http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=43056
Hope this helps
Myra
Does anyone go to these apartments? Its just there never seems to be any posts about the place on here! I am going in may for 2 weeks with my hubby and two daughters aged 6 and 2. Is it ok there. Also we have never been to turkey before! Any tips?
Can anyone help? I've just had a quote direct from club exelsior, now I know that Club Exelsior and Exelsior Junior Aparts are on the same site, however, they have also quoted for a two bedroom, which is in the Exelsior Annex. Does anyone know if these are on the same site too?

TIA

C xxx
Well I did my own research and Club Excelsior Annex seems to be the old Club Lobelia, which I believe is across the road from the main exelsior building. Any advice on this appreciated.
Thanks, although thats very misleading on there Glynis, I'd read it last night. What they seem to be referring to is the Exelsior Junior apartments, which are right next door to Club Exelsior and can be seen on the exelsior website. http://www.exelsiorhotels.com but I got an email from them last night which confirms that the "Excelsior Annex" is something completely different, it did say ex Club Lobelia, which has got a wee teensy swimming pool, although you are free to use the facilities across the road at Club Exelsior. I'm more worried what the standard of the rooms are like.

Perhaps they only took it over though at the end of last season, so it might be hard to find out. :que
Thanks Glynis, I had found that today but I couldn't get the links to open in my work pc but I managed to get them open tonight on my laptop. Not to sure about it, i don't think it looks very nice and it certainly doesn't mention anything about two bed apartments, but thats where they've offered us 2 bed aparts. I think I'll email again and ask if they've been refurbished since Exelsior took them over.

If not, then its Club antique palace for us!
Just for anyone who's interested, I've had a reply back today from Exelsior saying that no the old Lobelia has not been totally refurbished. Although all rooms do have a tv and airconditioning.

Catherine x
ok so i am quite confused i have booked to go to the excelsoir in may, i have 2 girls aged 6 and 2., what would you suggest i do in regards to staying here? Do i need to stay on a particular side of the complex?
Just go for the main hotel. We're having problems deciding because there is 9 of us and we needed at least one two bedroom apartment.
so excited, first time to turkey in less than 3 weeks! any tips on where to eat or places to visit?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.