Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi I am thinking about booking the Club Exelsior Annexe in September, and would like to know if anyone has stayed in the annexe , Is it far from the main building, was it clean, is there good entertainment as I am taking a 15 year old girl and 16 year old girl. Is it like it says in the brochure? Sorry about all the questions but would like to be sure beofre I book. Thanks.

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Try Thomas Cook we've always gone to club excelsior with them.
hi has anyone stayed at Club Exelsior Annexe in Turkey i am planning to go in September with 2 teenage girls 15/16. Is the accomodation as detailed in the brochure ie: 2 bedrooms that can sleep 8 sounds to good to be true! Are there any daytime activities as we stayed in Club Alize last year and it was brill. Does it compare with Club exelsior for accomodation/location and activities. Thanks. :)
Hiya,

I stayed in the Annexe two years ago when it had just been taken over as part of Club Exelsior. Its right across the road from the main reception and pool of the main blocks. So literally about 20 feet away.

It was clean and we actually preferred it to the main blocks as the rooms were bigger and quieter. We booked a two bedroom apartment, but what we actually got was a main door that had two separate one bedroom apartments behind it, it was brilliant. We just locked the main door at night and left the two apartment doors open. So we ended up with two bedrooms, two kitchens/livingrooms and two bathrooms. I would book this again in a minute!

I really wish were going back here this year but are going to Antique Palace instead which doesn't sound anywhere near as good!

Hope this helps x
Hi can any 1 give me any info on this hotel going on wed n read a few bad reveiws on trip advisor recently can you take your own food n drink down by pool etc?
anyone going here in aug between 17th and 31st.. have 2 boys aged 8 and nearly 5.. hoping they'll make friends? any tips on location, bars restaurant entertainment nearby.. is the club or juniour part best.. any room number recommendations.. also my parents want to book cheap basic accomadation near us.. any recommendations??
Hi Clare

We stayed at the Club Ilayda last year which is next door, we are back there in August this year too, we used to stay at the Anastasia which is across the road, but the sunbed situation is ridiculous!!

You can actually use the Ilayda, Excelsior Juniour and of course the main Excelsior facilities! The Excelsior seems a really nice hotel, we had a Turkish bath there last year which was lovely! There will be loads of children around at that time of season so I wouldn't worry about your children not meeting friends!

There are lots of lovely restaurants around which are very reasonably priced. One of our favourites is the Anfi bar, when you choose a meal off the main menu you get a free breakfast the next day - up until 1.00pm, they also do BOGOF on Efes beers all day and night, you come out the hotel, head towards the main road and take a left turn, its across the roas from the Amphi theatre.

Hope you have fun. Any other questions just ask.

Claire x
Hi, can anyone tell me how far the Club Exselsior is from the beach, also what kind of prices can i be expected to pay for drinks at the hotel and the local area?

Many thanks.

Hi i am going to Club Exelsior in August, money is tight having lost my job so can anyone let me know what kind of prices we will be paying for meals and drinks both in the hotel and locally?

Many Thanks.

Merged with existing topic so that those that have been may be able to help. Dazbo HT Mod
hi we have just returned from the club excelsior........it is a lovely hotel if ya got kids but it is really expensive for food and drink and i wasnt realy impressed with the food.......they dont sell efes, only tuborg which i didnt really like.....ice creams were twice the price in the hotel than at the shops too....my advice would be to go out for food and drink.....and there is a tesco (kipa) just over the road to buy lemonade , fruit, bread, etc hich works out much better......hope you have a fab holiday though xx
sorry i should also have said that you get about 285 lira at the minute so eating out is good value...prices have not really gone up since last year so you get a lot more for your money x
Hi Angieh,
what are the prices like at the Club Exselsior, i quite like Tuborg so interested in price? Also got 2 kids going with me so food prices would be handy.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.