Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
The Exelsior is just a bit further up the road from the Amphitheatre.
Have stayed here 7 times but have now got a bit bored with these aptments. Staff are very good but i felt from the management side of things, standards had slipped. Didnt like how people from nearby hotels were able to come in and put their towels down on sunbeds and the hotels own guests were left without. They were also very strict about not letting you eat or drink anything by the pool not bought in poolside bar and staff were asked to lift the bottles or asked you to go outside the grounds to finish your drink off. Compared to elize just down the road the rooms could do with a refubishment. Meals were reasonable but if you wanted to go out for the night afer your meal, your night could end up expensive because of taxis fares. If youve kids and dont plan to leave the complex much they are ideal, however if you have older kids who want to venture out, may be better to go somewhere closer to town.
Hi, i have never been to Turkey, i have booked to go to excelsior next May 2008!
Please can i have any info about the hotel, the resort and general advice regarding Tuirkey thanks
Hi

Here is the link for the club excelsior reviews on HT.

Oh it wouldnt let me post the link, but if you go to hotel reviews, then click on Turkey, scroll down and there are some reviews there for the Club Excelsior.

Enjoy your holiday.
Thanks Turkeyconvert. :)
You will find the reviews by CLICKING HERE

Kath HT Admin
You're welcome Kath.

When will I be able to post links?

I had to delete my profile as someone had been in it, so this is my new name.

TC
Cheers Kath, pm'd you back.

TC
thanks, do you know if it has its own website or email?
Hi,
Does anyone have any up to date info on these apartments? Anybody in Marmaris or going there soon willing to check them out? We've booked for next May on the back of many recommendations and throughout all the reviews i've hardly read a bad word about them certainly nothing serious. However, a friend of the wife has a son who has just returned from these apartments, 'allegedly'and he has said they were stinking and dirty and he and his girlfriend spent little time there because of the conditions! They, reportedly, complained about the state of their apartment and were handed a bottle of disinfectant!! Also they complained about the bad nature of most of the staff, which totally contradicts most of what i've read about them, and ,apparantly, they were even pulled to one side over bringing their own water into the complex which I find absolutely outrageous!
I look forward to hearing from others who have been or visited the Excelsior Apartments or Club Excelsior recently.
Regards

Glen :hmmm
7 of us are off to the Exelsior Apartments next friday. It will be our fourth visit. The hotel is very clean, the cleaners work so hard. The staff are very nice. We've never had a problem. There are signs about bringing your own food down to the pool but this is only because the hotel want you to use the restaurant. However, if you are discreet about it nobody will notice!

10 days to go! :D :D
hello
stayed in the club excelsior last year and totaly loved it been to turkey before but this is the nicer place didnt want to come home
but saying that the club side and apartments side are next to each other with a shop in the middle we stayed in the club side which is alot better than the apartment side better rooms bigger pool freindly staff pcs playstation smallish nightclub (mainly used by teenagers)nice resturant play area( two of the main staff are english ladies) the club side is very clean maids in everyday when we was there you could eat your dinner off the floor staff cleaning all the time
all the staff on the club side are brillant we did one night try the apartments side but did not like it and was not keen on the apartment side not very freindly staff so if you have booked tell the travel agent could they put on your booking form that you would like to stay in the club excelsior not apartment side we did
club excelsior have there own good website you could email them on there with your booking ref no and just explain can you have a room in the club side
has your freind been to turkey before as some parts of turkey are a bit run down and it is in parts quite a poor country
hope this helps
Hi Newcastle,
Give me a run down on the place when you get back if you dont mind please. Let me know if theres much of a difference between the Apartment side and Club Excelsior. It would be good to know which will be more comfortable for our two boys (7&4) then I can get on to the travel co. if necessary to get a swap b4 it gets too close. Have a good holiday,.........Cheers!!

Glen
Glen,
Will tell you what it's like when i get back. This is our fourth visit so i know quite a bit. The club side is a lot busier and it has the bigger water slide in the pool and there tends to be more daytime entertainment. However, guests have access to use all the facilities so if you prefer it to be quiter you can stay in the apartment side but use the pool in the club side if your children want to use the water slide. At night time there is entertainment in both sides and on a wednesday night the bbq night is held in the club side. They're both very nice, really it just depends on if you like it to be a little bit quieter.
hello again glen
cannot understand the comment about water as the shop in the middle (which belongs to the excelsior) sells big bottles of water for you to have in your room but the shop over the road is alot cheaper
as newcastle said you can use the club side and the apartments side which ever one you want and the apartment side is alot quiter as i said i stay in the club side with two boys age 8 and 17 and there was something for both of them but we was at the back of the hotel rigth at the back which faced a army barracks but no trouble the army men used to wave at my son every morning so if you do stay in the club side ask for a pool view
all staff here love children something going on all day for kids there are lots of reviews on this site,holidays uncovered,tripavisor where customers have return year after year
thank you
hi
i have stayed at the excelsior a few times, and it is absolutely fantastic,
exceptionally clean and welcoming.

the only thing i would comment on is it not for anyone who likes an early night in. it is a fun place where all the staff do their best to entertain you.
some adverse comments iv,e seen refer to children running wild, well that's down to the parents, not the accomodation.
have a great time

marnie
hi
i agreed with marnie it is the parents fault my kids did not run wild there is a smallish nightclub on site that does open till the early hours lots of teenagers go to it but i never saw or heard any trouble the only trouble i saw was with a bristish family getting drunk (giveing us brits bad names) and disrespecting the waiters and wanting to fight with them the family was throw out the next morning but this happens all over the place when your aboard
i am sure you will have a good time
Thanks to all for your replies. They basically support most of the recommendations i've had. It was just my wifes friend poured water on the fire when she said her son had nothing good to say about the place. I'm not convinced he was even staying at the same place!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.