Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Click Here to read our reviews of this hotel if you haven't done so. 8)
Thanks, yes I have read the your reviews.

I read other reviews on a different site this morning where people were complaining about the food not being cooked properly, blood running from chicken etc. Also a lot of complaints about frequent power cuts and storms. It's a shame that I am having doubts now as I was so confident about going there. :(
Hi bellys,

....frequent power cuts and storms

I can't comment on the hotel, as I stay in my own house in a small village when in Bugaria.

I have experienced three power cuts in 15 weeks spread over 3 years, the only one which lasted more than a couple of minutes was a 12-hour cut due to a lightnng strike on a main electrcity supply station.

There can certainly be spectular thunderstorms, just as in Turkey, Australia, South Africa and many other countries that I have visited - in Bulgaria, these are *usually* brief or frequently occur overnight.

Baldur

<Edited>
  • Edited by Baldur 2007-01-17 15:38:33
The Miramar was new for last year and did not open on time. There may have been some 'teething' problems.

However, it appears to be a large hotel with 500 rooms and all inclusive. Obzor is one of the smaller resort areas at the moment.

Personally, I would avoid large all inclusive hotels and look at smaller ones in more established resorts like Golden Sands or Albena, on a B & B or half board basis.

Balkan holidays have by far the best choice and largest market share in the UK.

Peter
As far as food in hotels are concerned, I can only comment on my own experience.

I was in Golden Sands last summer and on the coach back to the airport almost everyone seemed to be complaining about the food at their various hotels.

I stayed at the 4 star Iberostar Ozbor and I have to say the food was dreadful.
Thanks to everyone who has replied to my posting. Your advice and views are really helpful. :)
We've stayed in Bulgarian hotels of all star ratings over the years. Quality has varied, but we've never had 'dreadful' food.

At lot depends on your personal likes and dislikes, and expectations. It is true that food in the hotels is not as good as the restaurants, but the hotels are usually self service buffet, whilst in the restaurants there's a wider choice that is cooked to order.

The food in the resorts is what I would call typical European holiday resort, with a refreshing lack of British 'fish and chips' and 'Sunday lunches'.

Whilst Bulgaria is not a destination for gourmets, you will probably escape being poisoned!

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.