Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
hi Liz
Welcome to HT! I have asked for your hotel to be added to our hotel reviews. In the meantime - fire away with any other questions!
Hey Liz,

I went in the summer 2004. It was a good hotel, food was good, nice bar and pool. The rooms are chalet type affairs and the one I stayed in was very pleasant. Make sure you do a bit of research on the best time to go although September I think should be OK. We went in May and some of the stuff was closed (I think there was another restaurant and a disco). The beach was a no-go at that time of year - too rough. Bit quiet in the evening (with no disco?) but they try and do things - BBQ, Local Dancers, fire eater etc. Make sure you get out and about some of the time to Negombo and Colombo, I had a look recently on Mercury Direct and it seems the price has shot up since I was there.
Thanks for the info.September is the only time we can go. We dont mind no disco and as long as there is a pool we dont mind not going in the sea.Important thing for us is reasonable food and a bit of sightseeing We like to see a bit of the country not just stay by the hotel .Thanks again for taking the time to reply
You will love it then. They have a great selection of food both Sri Lankan and Western 'theme nights'. I went with the most picky people ever and they always found something they liked. The pool is huge. There are always taxis at the gate and they are all friendly and cheap. You can hire them for the day to take you around Colombo etc as well as short rides into Negombo. If you can't find one reception will call one. Some of the excursions your rep will tell you about are worth it - the Elephant Orphange is a nice day out. The laundry service was excellent and cheap - worth knowing if you are there for a while. I think September will be a good time to go. I know it's a while off but let me know how you got on.
Thanks again and will certainly let you know what we thought. :)
Hi,

My partner and I are off to club Palm bay on 13th May I was just woundering if the weather is ok this time of year and what the hotel is like. can anybody help?

Thanks
Kelly
:?:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.