Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi . cant help with the fishing im afraid but the turks can arrange anything for you ;) . have stayed at the sun city . the main beach is only a 5 min walk but whilst stunning it isnt really suitable for youn children. its very pebbly so no sandcastles for one but it also drops very sharply at the waters edge and is really difficult to get in and out from without the waves carrying you off because your feet just sinks in all the shingle . but the good news is that the sun city has its own private beach on the Lagoon for which there is a coutesy bus that runs around 3 times a day to. its not the best beach on the lagoon but is more suitable for children and there are free pedeloes and canoes.

there are plenty of bars, resturants and shops right outside the hotel and there are a couple of late bars down on the seafront . the teenagers all go off to the foam parties at crusoes if you want to join them :) . but hisaronu is 10 mins away by taxi or dolmus where you will find more nightlife.
madasharley,

It depends what sort of fishing you are thinking of. Fish populations in that part of the Med are limited to small species. Fishing in the sea can be fun catching things like Wrasse, Sea Bream etc or if you want a challange, Mullet, but that's the extent of things.

Darren
hi both thanks for the replys i whould like to do some sea fishing on a boat (not trawling) and i was also hoping to do a little fun fishing with grandson with telescopic rods as i am only a part-time fisher as well.lol.
madasharley,

I'm sure one of the chaps with a boat will be willing to take you out for a spot of fishing but to be honest, I would stay onshore because there isn't much to go out in search of. I do a lot of diving around the Turkish coast, mainly the Marmaris Bay area and inshore wise, there's very little. Find a nice rocky area away from the swimmers and you should have fun float fishing a bit of bread.

Darrren
I have seen someone fishing in the blue lagoon before, it would be a nice area for your grandson. Early morning before the crowds arrive at Sugar beach would be the place. (Be tiny fish though).

We were on a gulet trip the year before last and there with three turkish guys that fished all the time, well when the boat had stopped that is. We ate their catch for supper on the last night.
I noticed this fishing trip advertised on the 'Hamish McTurk' website, which might be of interest: http://www.hamishmcturk.com/fishing_fethiye_travel.html
thanks a million mehmeh this is just the right info i am looking for 1000% :tup
:D That's OK.When you first posted this question, I knew I had seen it somewhere, but my brain is not good! Then today, it suddenly came to me!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.