Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Fiona,

No one is daring to answer - reputations could be lost; heads could roll!

It looks like a well planned tour of a rarely visited destination - Bulgaria - the real Bulgaria.

It's more for travellers than tourists, and they will see Bulgaria as it is. Great countryside and views, but also I would think, run down industrial towns and neglected collective farms. They will meet real Bulgarians and experience their hospitality. I would recommend visits to all the places mentioned, especially Sofia and Veliko Tarnovo - the modern and the ancient capitals of Bulgaria.

Looks great to me. Tell your parents to book it quick before it's sold out.

Peter
Thanks Peter - they just have! My father never books anything quickly so I was a bit taken aback!
This is the actual tour they are going on.
Hi Fiona,

it seems to be a great tour! A lot of highlights: Sofia, Plovdiv, Koprivstiza, Veliko Tarnovo, Arbanassi and above all: The Rila monastery.

I know the most of this stations, and i repeat: A great tour! Your parents will see a few of the most nicest places of Bulgaria!

Bulgarienfan
thanks Bulgarienfan
I had already read some of your comments beforehand and of course I have your photos to show them. :D
Hi Fiona,

When your parents get back we shall expect that on their behalf you will post reviews of every place they visit and every hotel they stay at, in full detail of course.

Peter :)
:cry:
You don't know my parents!
Hi Fiona,
my friend K. just did end july a BG bustour. She really loved it and was very glad that she finally did it and saw a lot of places.
Most hotels were ok but there's was one which was very basis and you are not alone the room..but they use sprayers :wink:
Hi Tanjette,

Do you know Bansko, because Fiona is asking HERE?

you are not alone the room..but they use sprayers

You mean you share it with the local insect life, like the cockroaches built into every single hotel and private apartment I've ever been to in Moscow?

Fiona's parents will LOVE it!!

Peter :rofl
Hi Peter of York,

I will have to ask her in what village it was.
No it wasn't in Bansko coz she stayed in the most luxery hotel there: the Kempinski. (!)
yes, I know Bansko, but only from friends. Maybe will have the chanche to go with a group in the beginning of March, 2007 hehe

Ogh, these black giant flying things are allready gone now -except the one I smashed last year at a roomwall in hotel Kaliakra, Albena- I assume.
Baldur told me that these came from the fields and this time those fields are black from the fires. I saw this too last year on my way to the shopping walhala and passing the 'Baldur residence' without knowing :P :P :P
Really have to come earlier next year to see the sunflowersfields.
  • Edited by Tanjette 2006-08-28 14:42:10
Hi Peter,

Do you know Bansko

From memory, I believe that Tanjette's ski resort (at least for the past few years) has been Borovets.

Baldur
memory is correct Balduurken
Borovets for the 4th time in 2007! oogh

Fiona, the bustrip was in great lines:
Sofia-Gabrovo?-Veliko Tarnovo-Plovdiv-Bankso-Pamporovo-Sofia
got it!
Hotel Izbora, Albanassi (about 7 km from Veliko Turnovo)
The Hotel Izbora, is unlikely to be on Fiona's parents' itinary as it's only 3*.

Their TOUR specifies 4 & 5* hotels.

Thanks for the info though.

Peter

PS What a relief Fiona!
sorry to be a pain in the (ahum) but it looks the same route to me..and yes 4&5* were promised :? :shock:
Well, they will see when they are there hah?! afterall what is only 1 hotel and 1 night.....
fingers crossed Fiona 8)
btw. it was a belgian touroperator so hopefully the uk one is not booking EXACT the same hotels?? I don't believe so :tut
My parents go with Inghams. They have used them several times for Austria and think they are great- not to say the Bulgaria tour will be the same though.
Your friends tour is almost the same but they also went to Pamporovo. I would have loved mine to go there as they can have our chalet there in the summer if they liked it. We think it may be too steep for them as they love to hike.
What is frustrating is that the hotel names are not given so I cant research for them. I hope there is not a reason for that!!
well- my parents are just loving their coach tour. They have enjoyed seeing all the villages and particularly liked Veliko. At the moment they are in Bansko and just come back from the mountain after seeing the village granny choir and folk dancers( and yes- they were all grans) Said it was the best laugh they've had in ages!
thanks for the update Fiona..
Im curious now about Albanassi :P
pozdravi Tanjette
I am hoping to hear all about their holiday tomorrow or Thursday.
They were talking aobut the language difficulties. One episode they had- dad was up in his room and realised he didn't know the time and mum was out and about somewhere. He phoned down to receptionist and asked if they would be kind enough to tell him the time. He said there were muffled voices as they discussed this and then the receptionist came on and said "tomorrow"!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.