Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
have a look here for some info on Siesta coaches
hi beermat
we have used siesta in the past 2 years ago to go to salou staying at sanguli with them. i have to say we enjoyed it so much we are going again on the 13th september. the coaches are really good with a hostess on serving food and drinks at good prices. i am sure you will enjoy as we did. :D
:D hi did you find it quite a long haul, i've been to salou 4 times and flown every time. 2 hours and 40 minutes was just fine for me but i'm not a good traveller at the best of times, but if i have to go somewhere, i persevere the trip. so is it a good choice to go by coach?
hi beermat
i think it depends on the person, we dont mind travelling and treat it as part of the holiday. the coach picked us up at 8am on the wednesday and we were in our accomodation at 11.45 am thursday morning.you do get comfort breaks as you go along , we had two children with us as well and they didn't find the travelling to bad either. :D
Hi.. coached it for 9 yrs loved it. This year got to fly as one of family has young toddler who is very active. First time went on my own with 5 children. It was great . The children were exited about going on the ferry, and they see the real France and Spain as they travel. Plenty of stops. There are films for every one on , and head phones to either listen to the film or radio stations and other music.
Once on the feeder coach you can relax ...you are on your way..the only thing to do is to change from your feeder coach to your main coach. Which means getting cases and making sure you put them on your main coach, and checking in with your hostess who will then be with you all the way to spain. You are home and dry then....cases locked in coach all the way to Salou, right to your hotel. No worry about getting there and luggage having gone missing in transit. No uming and arring about what you pack and in what...take holdalls , the coach crew like them as they are easy to load and stack in odd places. No worry about drinks, medicines ect. The same on the way back, and no fags bacca or anything else stolen out of your cases on the way out or home.
This year I have to fly . Arrive at airport atleast 2hours before flight. Worrying about rules and regulations, had to organise transfers. Arriving on a sunday with no supermarkets open and none of the usual food items I would usually take cheese(my lot only like certain cheeesee) bacon , cereals, noodles, and marge as my lot like a certain one .
Worrying about cases going missing, worrying about things going wrong going to or from Salou ie planes canceled ect.
Will be well stressed by time I get there . Then will be worrying about getting home. If you want looking after go Siesta coaches. Thats what Im doing from now on. Havent even got on the plane(not a bit worried about actually flying by the way) and been stressed up since I booked flights in January . When I go by coach I am chilled out and ready for my holiday when I arrive. I work a high stress job and it gives me time to unwind. I book know everything will be fine.
I am going on the coach for the first time in July and am really looking forward to it. I thnk it is sound advice to treat it as part of the holiday but I wonder if I'll still be saying that after the summer!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.