General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
for just under £4 in wollworths you can get kids flasks made of metal, hello kitty and groovy chick ones, they keep drinks cold in an oven!! haha
Freeze a bottle of water and it will thaw slowly during the heat of the day, giving you ice-cold water for hours.
I too put a bottle of water in the freezer and let it thaw throughout the day! :lol: 8)
Me too, especially good for the boat trips :wink: .

Elaine
We always take one of those lightweight insulated bottle coolers on carrying strap! Keeps water cold all day...light to carry...and for those apartments with no fridge - on way back after a day on the beach we substitute the water with diet coke for brandies on the balcony! Another bottle of cold water when we're off to bed is great when you wake up with a thirst in the night! :lol:
Brilliant tips, thanks all!
If access to a freezer I freeze bottles of water also cartons of juice - they keep food cold whilst they defrost. I put a frozen carton of juice in the lunch bag/box for work as weve not got a fridge at work - usually defrosted by mid pm or lunch in summer :D

Alison 8)
a few years ago in gran canaria they had some cans of beer on offer. there was 8 tins and you got a free cool bag. ideal for taking on holiday.
we too freeze water,saves taking a freeze block, on the way to the beach we call and get some cold tins of pop etc and some fruit, pop it into the bag and everything keeps nice and chilled. just a nice size.
ali
We too pop in the freezer before hitting the beach or pool. But also a real 'cool' tip is to pop a wet flannel in a plastic bag and freeze that too, pop in the cool bag and by lunchtime when your just about melting you have a lovely ice cool cloth to wipe over your face and neck - heaven :D
Great tips guys - thanks will bear this in mind :)
I too have a lightweight insulated bottle carrier - also very useful for protecting at least one bottle of vodka in the case on the way home......
Woolworths did some great ("California Innovations"??) bottle insulators last year - a plastic drinks bottle in a firm insulating jacket with a neck strap. They were brill !! :)

Tried to get a replacement this year to find they've done away with the shoulder strap which is a major pity.

anyone know anywhere you can buy a reasonably priced insulating bottle jacket with the long strap (much easier for the kids to manage!)????
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.