Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi
I've been to Colva for the last couple of years and found it to be very nice. The place I stayed in was in Benaulim which has a wonderful beach and beach shacks. The hotel was basic but lovely staff it is called FAILAKA HOTEL less than five minutes from Colva. I would rent you my aparment next to Colva which is 500 metres from the beach 8) , but sadly it is not ready till end 2007 beginning 2008 :( .
So have fun and enjoy yourself it is a lot quiter then the north, Try Joncies, Micky's and Martins Corner great restaurants. Tere's plenty more one called FIPLEES next door to the hotel with live music. :P :P :glynis
Are there any Beach huts, you can stay in for just 1 or 2 nights down that way? We usually go and stay in the Beach huts at Fisherman's up at Mandrem, but we fancy a change next time we go.
Lots of beach huts at Palolem, none in Colva, or Cavelossim.
That would have been nice patchsidhu - staying in a villa - perfect but obviously that wouldn't be available until next year.

I'm a little concerned now as my friend says her friend in Goa will book us some accommodation which will be about £3.00 a night. Apparently it's where the workers live and she's told me not to worry but I am a little worried I must say!!

I stayed in a tree house in Palolem for £3.50 last time for 2 nights which was lovely but I wouldn't want to stay any longer. We all need our own shower and air con is a must in the April heat.

I've Emailed a few places for prices but no response yet!!

Looked in the Hotel Reviews on here - anyone stayed in Oceanique Hotel, Longuinhos Beach, Heritage Village, Carvela Beach - all in Colva?

I can afford to probably spend around £10.00 a night. I think if I'm going to such a lovely place as Goa again, I would like a little more comfort.
Hi gardener 1, i stay in Colva every march until about mid april, the places you mentioned are fine and perfectly adequate, but longuinhos is ok but about £25 a night, perhaps in april in might be cheaper.

Colva has lots of very nice small hotels, that you won`t find listed anywhere, and they average about £5 a night, well last march they were.

The hotel i use isn`t listed anywhere, and thats £4 a night, i have to e-mail personally to reserve my room. It relies on the Indians staying there who holiday in Colva for business. Thats why we like it so much, just Indian guests from all over India, and the prices are accordingly. Last march the large kingfishers were 30p a bottle, and a nice meal there was about 80p.

When you go in april, all the hotels will be empty, so don`t worry about pre-booking, and you`ll find they`ll be even cheaper.
Thanks for your replies. I'm not so worried about accommodation now.

I'll maybe see what the place my friend chooses is like and if I don't like it, I can always have a look around if there is going to be places available.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.