Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
You might get more response if you didnt call them beach huts. Most Goa regulars know beach huts as places that offer sunbeds drinks etc and dont do accommodation. I assume you mean some sort of beach side lodging house where you can doss down under the stars with rather limited facilities.
oops !!!
i knew what i meant!!!!
hopefully someone else will know what i am looking for
Hi Jane

Yes beach huts !!!!!!!!!! beach SHACKS are what the bars are known as, so you did know what you meant lmao :rofl :rofl there are some down in Palolem i am going down there this week so i shall have a look for you, i have stayed at San Francisco, Havana, Rainbow and Pelton

San Fransico http://www.campsanfrancisco.com e.mail camp.sanfransisco@gmail.com mobile 9970128306

Havana Deena cottages e.mail diogo_4u@hotmail.com mobile 9822147850

Pelton E.mail diaz_seby@yahoo.mail.com mobile 9860839966 9822156256

Rainbow Mobile 9823881600

I shall try and get you some more when i am down there this week.

Mike
thanks mike thats GREAT

i kinda thought that they were huts but didnt want to make any bad feeling !!!

have a great time and cant wait to hear what you say when you get back from there

:cheers

jane
be interesting to hear the prices Mike!! last week (between Xmas and New year..Not including either) they were quoting us silly prices at some 2500 a night for the standard ones and more for beach front :yikes bit of a shock, we nearly always spend at least a few days each month down at palolem but have never paid any where near that!!! having said that many were full!!
chilly
I have just returned from Goa, having spent 10 days in Agonda staying in a beach hut. We stayed with Madhu huts. The whole of the road through Agonda is full of beach hut accomodation, all much the same price. The ones right at the front are around 1,200-1,500 rupees per night, the ones not actually overlooking the sea are around 800-1,000 rupees per night. For anyone who hasnt had the experience of sleeping in a hut on the beach, it is a strange one! It goes without saying it is VERY basic and towards the end I was fed up of sand everywhere, missed a pool and no hot water. 10 days was probably too much but it was trial and error for us. Half that time would have been ample.

I have to say, tho, if you are looking for a very quiet break, with nothing to do, right on the beach and you don't mind not having hot water etc. it may well be the thing for you.

The owner and staff at Madhu were great and the restaurant was lovely. The food was some of the best we had in Goa.
Have seen the Madhu beach huts recommended lots of times but could not deal with not having hot water. I put on some much suntan lotion, then the after sun and insect repellent with deet that it takes loads of soap and hot water to wash it all off!

Any recommendations for a nice guest house with hot water greatly appreciated.
gosh i can recall staying in paulolem in 2001 for 200 rs a night , for both of us! what has happened to goa prices?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.