Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
im pretty sure thats roughly what the haathi mahal quoted us when we walked in there in the new year after initially saying £100 per night :really

casa de chris in cavellosin too might be around that price.

have a look on travel republic, there were loads coming up around that price when i looked not long back :tup
just had a look for mid november for 2 weeks.

colonia hose menino is £222 for a room for 2 weeks b&b, gives you a rough idea!
Thanks for the suggestion Paxrax, just found my North Goa hotel at a 15% discount ! Not many to choose from down south but I will investigate further ! cheers Dave
Hi Dave try SAO DOMINGO,S Cavellosim they own The Goan Village Restaurant which is opposite.[breakfast taken here]
swimming pool in the new Luciana,s complex which is next door,price,s are not to expensive.
We have time share at The Hatthi Mahal and stay there so not sure on the hotel price,s,but we have most of our
evening meals at The Goan Village.
Casa de Chris is another guest house in the same area which looks good,we use Chris.s cruises for a day out on the river
a great day with lunch and all drinks for 800 rupees good value and a lot,s of fun.
we are thinking on the same line as you for our next trip,fly to Kerela for a week then on to Goa north&south for 2/3 weeks.
which air line did you find the best price with?
hope this helps
annx [ we love Cavellosim and our regular shack is Dom,s great food]
Skylark in Colva is excellent, lovely pool and really clean room's.
Thanks for that recommendation Anne, looks good but there are no prices displayed. I will send an enquiry. I checked out all the reasonably priced ones on the Travel Republic to see what reviews they got on Trip Advisor. None convinced me I wanted to stay at any of them.
We are thinking fly to Cochin, return from Goa ex Manchester with Qatar which works out around £590 pp. Fly in and out of Cochin is only about £510 where as Goa is £665. I don't particularly want to stay in Kerala for too long as I can't find decent price accommodation there either ! I don't mind splashing out for a few nights but then it's back to a more modest place !
I'm looking into an overnight sleeper train to travel to Margoa providing it's possible to have a 2 berth cabin just to ourselves otherwise I might think about journeying north in a few stages, stopping along the way. cheers Dave
Thanks Sheppo, I have e mailed them for prices too ! cheers Dave
Hi Dave thanks for all the information,hope you find what you are looking for :)
we stayed at The Golden Sands at Lighthouse beach in Kerala not sure on prices
this year,went on a package with Thomas Cook about 4yrs ago but think they
have pulled out of Kerala since then.
annx
Hiya Dave,

Just want to add my ideas, I have stayed at the Skylark and would recommend, Breakfast isn't included in price, the two guesthouses in Cavellosim are also to be recommended, having looked at both.
Just in case you need more suggestions, Joecon's beach resort in Benaulim the website price is negotiable, has lovely rooms but it's a 10min walk to beach, and a bit isolated from main village. Martins Comfort at Betalbatim, has good rooms and also 10mins to beach, and lastly Beleza by the beach on the outskirts of Colva. All have pools.

xx lassi
Hi Dave thanks for all the information,hope you find what you are looking for
we stayed at The Golden Sands at Lighthouse beach in Kerala not sure on prices
this year,went on a package with Thomas Cook about 4yrs ago but think they
have pulled out of Kerala since then.
annx

We did the First Choice tour 5 years ago, then returned and did our own 4 week tailor made one 18 months ago.We don't want to spend a month there but we particularly want to return to
http://www.shenbagavilaasam.in
an absolutely superb homestay worthy of a longer stay than the overnight visit we had last time. Not cheap though !
and
http://www.parambikulam.org/
cheers Dave
Hiya Dave,

Just want to add my ideas, I have stayed at the Skylark and would recommend, Breakfast isn't included in price, the two guesthouses in Cavellosim are also to be recommended, having looked at both.
Just in case you need more suggestions, Joecon's beach resort in Benaulim the website price is negotiable, has lovely rooms but it's a 10min walk to beach, and a bit isolated from main village. Martins Comfort at Betalbatim, has good rooms and also 10mins to beach, and lastly Beleza by the beach on the outskirts of Colva. All have pools.

xx lassi

Thanks Lassi. I am getting more enthusiastic about returning to Goa by the minute thanks to some good alternatives to returning to North Goa so we can add something new to our visit this time around.
cheers Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.