Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Thanks again
Getting happier by the day :)
All I need to be told now is that the wine is of vintage standard and they make the best Margareitas outside of Mexico and I will be sorted (don't worry, won't hold my breath :rofl )
Lally
lallygirl wrote:
All I need to be told now is that the wine is of vintage standard and they make the best Margareitas outside of Mexico and I will be sorted (don't worry, won't hold my breath :rofl )
I wouldn't! :rofl :rofl
Sorry me again
Reading some older reviews (on other sites) - can't help myself!
Several mention the snack bar as chargeable?? No big deal if it is - just want to minimise suprises :cheers
Lally
Hi Lally
We didn't pay for any snacks at the pool snack bar. Don't know if this is the one you mean. We used this one a couple of times instead of going to restaurant for lunch.
Hope this helps and if you need any more help just ask.
You are better knowing as much as you can before you go.
The advice we recieved from Pippy before we went was very helpful to us.

Garry
Thanks Garry - both you and Pippy have been brill :cheers
Lally,I dont know what time you will arrive but when we went we got to our room and unpacked.By the time we got to the restaurant it was closed,so if you arrive late I would go straight to the restaurant for your meal and unpack later.
Hi Jay
Don't expect to be there much before 10.30pm even if the plane is on time( delayed 40 mins for the last 3 weeks - sad I know :rofl ) So thanks for the warning. Will pack emergency pringles and biscuits and see what brekkie brings

Lally :)
The snack bar by the pool only serves 'free' snacks at a certain time in the afternoon and I think there were only cakes. To be honest we never needed to use the snack bar as there's so much to choose from at designated meal times three times a day and we never sat by the pool anyway! ;)

I think there may have been a couple of days when you could have lunch by the pool, a barbecue rings a bell so that could be worth investigating when you get there.

Definitely take some snacks for your first night just in case the restaurant is closed. On both my visits we found the restaurant still open late so you may be ok.
If you arrive late you could always try the 24 hour room service.We used it the day we came back from Cairo as it was late and we got a large pizza,a huge club sandwich and a portion of chips and if i remember rightly it was a reasonable 100 egyptian pounds or thereabouts.

Garry
Ah yes, of course! Nats ordered form room service a couple of times and said the food was delicious and not expensive! :tup
Room service sounds good
We are going to Luxor so will definately use that day
May keep its existence Shhh from the girls for the first few days!
:cheers
Lally
Off to the Conrad to morrow - have got rooms in the new block.
Will post a review on my return
Lally :cheers
Lally,Take some ear plugs as the new block is next door to the disco.When we were there they left the doors open and you could hear the music outside.Its a fabulous hotel though and you will have a brilliant time,Jay.
Oh have a super time! I'm very jealous of you you know! ;)

Pippy :)
Thanks everyone - earplugs packed ! At least I will be able to keep an eye on eldest if we are near the Disco!!
Lally :fly :sun2
Hi
Returned in the early hours of this morning and missing it already :( -
Lovely holiday , beautiful location, brill staff and a great room with some very minor niggles.
Unfortunatly my mother had an accident whilst we were in our 2nd week and needed yo see the Dr twice a day for the rest of our hol so that curtailed us a bit .
Will post a full review in a day or 2
Lally
Glad you enjoyed the Conrad and look forward to your review and thoughts

Garry
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.