Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
I've looked at the weather charts but wondered if anyone has any experience of Corfu in October.

Experiences of weather a great importance more than places closing down as we'd be renting our own villa near Kassiopi in the North.

Thanks in advance.
We've been ito Agios Stefanos, just a couple of miles south of Kassiopi, during hte last trhee Octobers.

Weather is generally warm and sunny, although you will probably encounter some rain or possibly a full-blown storm - noting's guaranteed.

It's generally a good it to go - no crowds, doscounted car hire etc
:wave:
We have been holidaying every year in early october as well. Last year we had a few thunder storms but still managed to get a good tan! :sun2 It can get a little chilly in the evenings and you need to take a good fleece or light jacket.
We still prefer this time of the year as it is not so busy but still enough open to keep us happy. :D
hi all,can anyone give me idea as to what we can expect weather wise in sidari mid sept,as we just dont no what clothes to take as we dont no what to expect?
cheers karen
what will corfu be like for weather and will everything still be open, thinking of booking october half term which starts 23/10/09. considering kos aswell.
regards tracey
Hi Tracey :wave:

From past experience the weather can be a bit of a hit or miss in late October, we have had 2 weeks of stunning weather at that time of year however the last time we were there we had rain at some point nearly every day.

You will find that a lot of shops, bars and Taverna's will have closed down until next season however there will still be a reasonable choice of places still open and of course there are always some that remain open all year.

If the choice of going to Greece in October was up to me I would say go :tup

Which resort are you looking at in Corfu ?

Regards
Graham
i was thinking of going to roda. i've never been to any of the greek islands and really want to go, my friend never goes anywhere else as she loves all the islands.
a bit worried about the weather though as we will be taking my 13 year old with us and if its bad weather she will get bored.
must by why the prices are better for greece than the caneries.
regards tracey
Hi

I am going to Corfu first 2 weeks of June is it going to be warm enough to wear think tops and dresses in evening or will I need cardigans etc. Thanks Maria :cheers
Yes thin tops and dress of an evening, you could get an odd shower as with anywhere but sun all the way at this time!
Hockey6, I know you're getting excited about your summer hol to Corfu but you've just answered a post that's almost 2 years old :whoops
Oh dear! That will teach me to pay more attention! :rofl
Hello All,

Can anyone tell me what the weather is like around April 4th, A mate of mine is going and cannot find any sites detailing the weather

thanks in advance

Gregg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.