Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Went to Cala Bona last October and the weather was mixed. I think there was sun every day, but also a shower at some stage on about half the days. Having said that, i'm happy to dodge the showers and go on the beach, as when the sun was out it was definitely bikini weather :sun2 . Louise
Hi, is the weather for Majorca any good at the end of October? Im looking for somewhere to go with the wife and kids for half term. Thanks all.
Dont want to put a dampner on your plans but we went to palma nova in oct half term just gone and it was the worst week ever we had a week of clouds and rain it was so miserable i felt like getting a plane home. We went to the sol tordos which we have been to loads of times and it is usually booming but towards the end of the week the hotel emptied and on the last night we were there there was only about 30 guests it was like a ghost town. If u do decide to go then i would book last minute and keep checking the weather but the previous year we went to Turkey oct half term and it was glorious every day but even they had bad weather in oct last year. If you want guaranteed weather then in my opinion your better of at the canaries or further afield. Diane.
Hi

We are going to Majorca for 2 weeks in August, any idea of temperatures?

:sun2 Thanks :)
Its about 30 degrees at the moment, :tongue so would guess it will be about the same, possibly higher in another two weeks. Try the link below....

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/SPXX0061

Regards Louise
Hi

I am thinking of booking Palma nova for a week on 4th October, does anyone know the average temp for that time of year, I have read that its about 18 degrees, is that correct, was hoping it might be a bit hotter than that?!
Nissi Beach, if you read through some of the earlier posts in this topic you will see that its pot luck in October. Louise
Hi, off to cala millor in 2 weeks, what's the weather like at the moment? I know it will be hot but according to one of sites there is a bit of cloud.

bamburghsue
Hi
'im getting married in Mallorca next June and we have two possible dates. Fri 5th June and Fri 19th June can anyone advise me on the weather to helo me make my mind up!!! Just want it to be a nice pleasent day no rain but on the other hand don't want it to be so hot everyone is sweating!!! We are getting married at Portal Nous church then Castillo Son Vida Hotel.

Many Thanks
Hi SonVidaBride ... using the Wunderground link on page 1 of this topic, the History & Almanac function will allow you to check what the weather was like on those specific dates in previous years.

David :wave
Hi SonVidabride, I went to Cala Bona, first week of June this year, and the weather was hot but not overbearing, there were bits of rain but nothing major apart from one day when it was torrential. My boyfriend said it was very unusual weather for the time of year. Bearing in mind all the climate change issues, I would say you are safer with mid-June, but as always, the weather will make its own mind up! Louise
son is in PP at the moment and he says it is very very hot :cheers touching 37 at lunchtime. The sea is wonderful, the brandy even better :rofl :rofl :sun2
We are off to alcudia on saturday......is there anyone out there whi can comment on the current weather and what we can expect

Kind regards
sadiejane, just returned from Mallorca. I was in Cala Bona on the east coast. It was scorching hot every day, the sea was lovely and warm, the last couple of evenings the temperature seemed to drop a little compared to earlier in the week, but it was still warmer at night than it is here in the day! Have a fantastic time.
Hot and Sunny again today in Alcudia, (30c in the shade where I am at the moment...)
woo hoo......looking forward to my hols even more now
What might the weather be like in Cala Bona 1st week in October? What is the norm for this time of year?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.