Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Just got back myself this evening after 9 days away and the weather was definitely mixed. The first 4 days were beautiful and I got a decent tan as a result, but it changed Wednesday mid-afternoon just as we transferred accommodation from Cala Bona to Puerto Pollensa. By the late evening it was blowing a gale with torrential rain. Thursday was overcast all day, Friday was part cloudy a.m and lovely p.m., Saturday was mostly cloudy with some hazy afternoon sun. Sunday and today were both overcast all day with rain this morning before we left. Tomorrow doesn't look any better either according to the forecast.

In my experience, it does seem that quite often at this time of year when the weather is generally good in Britain, it can often be poor in the Balearics and vice versa.
Monday afternoon around 3pm the sun came out after a little rain,and was very warm.Weather was good when we left this morning Tuesday.
ditzyjack, my boyfriend lives on the east coast of Mallorca and when I spoke to him earlier this evening he said it had been raining this morning, but was warm and sunny this afternoon. I was there this time last year, and it was mixed then too.

Louise
I am off to East Coast 25th October, first visit to Majorca, hoping for enough sun to be able to swim.
We go on Tuesday and the weather looks awful for the whole week. The problem with being abroad when the weather is so bad is trying to keep the kids occupied!!! Any tips? We are going to Puerto Pollensa and Cala Bona.
1972, Wait and see what the weather brings. We were forecast a awful week in September BUT we saw the sun for a few hours everyday, it was really nice and we made the most of it. The forecast for home is freezing cold next week so you won't be missing much. CBG
We have just booked a week in Magaluf for 5th april next year, this is more a get away holiday, as just need the break and a hol for step daughter who cant come to Florida next dec, so not entirely fussed about heat, but a bit of half decent weather wouldnt go amiss....anyone been this time of year, we were there in May half term just gone and had rubbish weather, lots of rain, but went Oct i think 2006 and had some nice weather.
thanks
Michelle
Hi, off to majorca (Cala Bona) at the weekend and I am a bit worried about the weather, it doesn't look to have been that clever and I was wondering if anyone has come back or is perhaps living out there who can let me know if it has been sunbathing weather .....

We are hiring a car so we will be travelling about whilst we are there so I am guessing it can't be bad weather everywhere on the island at the same time!

;)
poolielass, earliest I've ever been to Cala Bona is the first week of May. It was mid-20's so definitely sunbathing weather, a few years ago I went to Palma Nova about the 24th April and it was warm then as well. At a guess, I think it will be mixed at the moment.

Try this link I usually find it reasonably accurate for the first 2-3 days but not so good further than a week in front....

http://tiempo.meteored.com/weather/weather_Palma%20de%20Mallorca-Illes%20Balears-Espana-Europa--1-c.html

I'm counting the weeks until I go, hopefully getting a flight at the end of May for about 12 days.

Louise
Can anyone give an up to date weather forecast for next week, my sister is going to Cala Bona on the 19/5/09 and she's a bit of a sun worshipper. :sun2
Hope she has better weather than we did last year in May - clouds, rain, storms and very little shunshine! Mind still came home with a cracking tan!
Last years' weather was not the "norm" for May,we've been 8 times in May and last year was the worst we've ever had.It is unlikely to be like that again this year.Unfortunately can't go for 2 weeks this year because of gcse preps for our son .We'll be going away in August instead.
Thanks everyone, as long as she gets a bit of a tan she'll be happy.
dandruffdotty, my boyfriend lives in Cala Bona in the summer and is moving back there today. If I can extract the information out of him (!) nearer the time, I'll post a weather update for you.

Louise
We too are travelling out there on the 19th and i so hope the weather is nice. Ive been looking on the webcam and its been raining for 2 days :( Please someone tell me its going to be lovely., :tup
we go on may 18th to cala bona weather improves from saturday seen some good temps and seems hot.
We go to Alcudia on the 24th and despite initial worries that I should have prehaps chosen a different destination for guaranteed decent weather I have decided that the chances of it being much better than here are pretty high.

Our usual holiday destination for May is sunny Scotland ;)
I've been to Cala Bona in May for the last two years, each time was bikini weather although there were odd days when there were showers so you either had to dash inside whilst it passed or use that as a non-beach day.
always funny weather in the balearics.one resort it can be raining and 2 miles away sunny and hot.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.