Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I have today vowed to give up looking on weather forecast sites, none of them say the same thing so I will just continue to secretly pray for sun instead :D
Stardust,we are going on the 24th to Sa Coma,im praying for sun as well i really need some sunshine!
I'm off on the 24th aswell to Santa Ponsa, so let's all hope we all get some lovely hot sun! :cheers :sun2
I have had a peep at the forecasts folks and it's all looking very good indeed :D
Hi,

Just got back from Can Picafort.

It was boiling hot. the rep told me Thursday was 39 degrees, we had to go inside for the air conditioning at some points and was still swimming at 6.30pm .

Hope you all have the same weather.
hi all,i'm booking to go to on the 2nd of september for a week.just wondering what the weather will be like? also whats the avearage temps at evening/night. thanks guys
It can go into the 30's C in early September and the low 20's C at night. Very warm. We regularly sit on the balcony at midnight with a cooling drink in hand, during the day it's under the sun-shade except when swimming.
Hi we have been going to majorca for the past 4 years but we usually go end of June, this year because of moving house we have booked to go end of August for 11 nights. What will the weather be like? If anyone has been this time of year any information will be appreciated. Thanks

emma
I travel on the 14th of september for 10 nights and when I speak to people they say its not a good time as the weather turns really wet with storms! Can anyone who lives there confirm this? staying in the area calas de majorca is the weather the same all over the island??? :think
I went the end of August last year and it was really hot.

Louise
I would be very surprised if you got bad weather in September. I've been in October 3 times and have always come back with a suntan. Yes you might get the odd bout of rain but it usually tends to be either a morning or an afternoon not full days. Don't forget your suncream - you'll need it! ;)
Sorry to be a kill joy but I went to majorca in september about 3 year ago, to alcudia sept 11th or about that time and I must say it was terrible we had about 2 good days out of 7 and we did have thunderstorms and i have never seen rain like it. It spoilt the holiday for me and would think twice about going back at that time of year maybe we were just unlucky but theres not alot you can do about it once its booked so just go and enjoy whatever the weather. Diane.
Well iv just looked up the 15 day forcast and you guessed it from the bloody day I go its turns from dry and sunny and hot to wet and cool lol. I know its a 15 day forcast and they get it wrong but I bet this time they get it spot on :cry
Heading off tomorrow for 13 nights to Magaluf / Palma Nova. The forcast looks terrible for a few days, is it really that bad down there ?
Yes it was! We arrived on the 19th sept & heard terrible stories about hail stones, storms, thunder, lightening etc. Had 1 1/2 days of sun & then nearly 3 days of rain, & I mean rain, it was terrible. I have never seen rain like it, the surrounding area around Alcudia looked like paddy fields. Rains came at least a month early. Had good couple of days at end of holiday & it was boiling, thank goodness!
Does anyone know what the weather is like at the moment - going next Sunday to Palma Nova for 3 nights and know that it can change between now and then, but wondering what clothes to take to wear during the day. Taking jeans and long sleeves for night as will probably be colder at night but hoping for good weather during the day. Going for BF's birthday - it's only cost us £95 each for flights and accommodation - would have cost us more to go to London which is what we were planning on doing.
Thinking of a short break in February half term, what will the weather be like?
Hi all,

We are going to alcudia on Wednesday (21st) i was just wondering if anyone is over ther now or just come back and can provide a realistic weather update!!

Thanks

Craig
Can anybody tell me what Majorca is like at the end of April beginning May. We went to Cala Bona at the beginning of October and had very good weather only rained last day there and thunder shower on departure from Palma. I am thinking of booking for 24 April 2010 for a week at Santa Ponsa, we visited this year and it looks very nice, just wondering if anyone knows what it is like so early in the season.
Cheers Big Al
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.