Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Louise

Going to Cala Bona on Wednesday, whats the weather been like?

Vosey :sun2
Hi Vosey,

Lucky you, wish I was going! Hope you are staying somewhere nice?

According to my boyfriend the last few days have been cloudier and its been quite breezy. He did say that the weather is starting to change, but I should point out, that when I'm over there in a vest top he's often got a jumper on ( :really ), so temperature wise he probably means that its the mid to late 20's rather than late 20's/early 30's !!

Just looked at one weather site that I use and its predicting 27 degrees, so my comment above is spot on!

Have a great time.
Louise
Off to sa Coma tomorrow, can anybody let me know what the weather is like at the min?

The forecast states rain for the next week!! I hope not!!
Just come back. Monday 22nd Sept. cloudy and some rain, Tuesday started to drizzle on and off until about 3 ish, by 5.00pm was torrential then thunder storms in the distance and heavy rain all evening/night. Wednesday, ok until lunch time and then torrential, stopped about 7 ish. Thursday lovely until about 3 then heavy clouds and rain over the hills. Locals said they had had no rain since May beginning June. Just waited for us.
Just about to start packing as we go early wednesday, what is the latest on the weather situation?? do I need wellies and brollies?!?
Spent 21st to 28th in sa Coma and for the first 4 days it rained - 1 day it rained non stop.

Rained on the 27th too but not for long but it is very cloudy when i was there,

Deffo recommend taking a coat as it was cold in the night time and maybe a waterproof

hope it doesnt runi your hols
Hi
I have just returned from Puerto Pollensa (28/9/08). Stayed there fir a week and the weather was horrendous! We had very cold, windy, showery days and nights. In fact the tain was so bad that the roads looked like rivers and lakes! Umbrellas wewre of no use as they just blew inside out! When it was sunny we tried to go on the beach, but the wind was so cold that everyone was sat there with towels over them using them as blankets! It did get a little better towards the end of the week but there were still quite a few black clouds hanging about. Hope the weather gets better for other holiday makers. Dizz xx
Hiya

I'm off to Cala Bona on 12th October with my boyfriend as it's my 21st birthday on the 10th!
what do you reckon the weather will be like?

I'm hoping it's going to be nice.

Louise...I've just read that you boyfriend lives in Cala Bona - if you could let me know closer to the 12th October as to what the weather is like that would be fab!

Many thanks!

Hayley
Am off to Majorca 25th October, beginning to wish I had not booked it as weather sounds terrible......
Hi Hayley

I'll try and put an update on around the 10th. As per previous posts the weather isn't great at the mo, however, I went over on the 10 Oct last year and the weather was quite cool in the evening/at night but beach weather in the day if you dodged the showers. So hopefully if the 10 day forecast is anything to go by, it will pick up and you'll have a great time.

Louise
Off to Mallorca for 9 days on Saturday - Cala Bona for first 4 days and Puerto Pollensa for last 5 days. The 5-day forecast looks decent so far so that's welcome. I tend not to bother with 10-day forecasts as they are pure guesswork and often wrong, especially in the autumn months when the weather is more variable and can change so quickly.
We use this site, always seems accurate enough, 3, 5 & 7 day forecasts are available and you can search for resorts in search box ( funnily enough!) http://www.holiday-weather.com/majorca/index.html

Not too good for next 7 days in C'an Picafort by the looks of it
Yeah jollypostie, looks like we picked good week!!
Just hope everyone is ok after the storms and localised flooding. What is as bad as reports make out?
Don't know where I was when these storms took place!!!

We were supposed to have had a major storm on Friday or Saturday Night, yet I was up until 4am both nights, and never heard or saw a thing in Magalluf, other than a bit of a lightning show and a few rumbles of Thunder, which to be honest you get quite a lot at this time of year.

We were forecast poor weather all last week, and other than one day when we had heavy showers, it barely rained at all.

I cannot comment on the rest of the Island, but we obviously have the best of the weather here in the South West. ;)
I read somewhere that Palma had terrible storms the other day and some flooding!
Just goes to prove you cant believe all you read in the papers!
It was in the Majorca Daily Bulletin
  • Edited by Biff 2008-10-06 21:16:00
    copyright, please post link not article
Please help - I'm due to holiday in Palma Nova Saturday 18th October for 1 week and the weather forecasts are changing everyday. Could anybody tell me what the weather is like there at the moment and what the forecast is likely to be for the week I'm travelling.

I've been watching on the tv that Spain has experied torrential flooding and am worried about travelling.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.