UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
I can't help- sorry. But we are also thinking of taking off in the car. We have been to Cornwall, but a long time ago. We are thinking either west coast of Scotland or Cornwall ( not much difference is there? 😁)
So I am hoping this thread takes off.
Me too

Bude was lovely I have to admit, really nice area

Where in Scotland were you considering?
we would just head down the West Coast. Actually we would probably end up to Fort William . pass Glencoe, down to Oban and across to Mull, back again and down to Inveraray. There are so many interesting places to stop.
I tried to get to Iona a couple of years back .... Was biblical rain (middle of blooming July!), just got to Mull to get the text that the Iona ferry was cancelled. Turned straight back around and drove all the way back to Falkirk that night .... nearly 12hr round trip for nothing

Ended up finding a cracking spa Hotel in the English Lakes though, in Grasmere, as an alternative

Stayed in a cracking log cabin in Craobh Haven many years ago, so so peaceful :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.