UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Cornwall
36 Posts
Be prepared for both :lol: - Every day seems different :roll: Anyway nothing sexier on the beach than swimsuit AND wellies :rofl
also off there on sat 27th aug - staying in lostwithiel . cottage/farm looks lovely http://www.tredethick.co.uk/cottages.htm - just booked hubby and boys in for some wreck diving :yikes and theres sharks been reported last week :shock: :shock:

lyn
Hi Lynwestie - Tredethick is a lovely place - I think you wont be disapointed :D
Plenty to do and see in the area too.
thanks bobian - getting exited now -we do love a cottage :D :D . just hope the weather will be a little kind to us all

lyn
I would like to take my two children to Cornwall, 3 & 10 this summer.
We have been Newquay before, but would like to go somewhere different.
Somewhere which is suitable for young children.
We plan to take the train, so not too far out travel to places beach etc.. as we are leaving the car at home :lol:

Kaz
If it isn`t too far for you to go, the beaches down the very bottom of Cornwall are lovely for children, particularly at Sennen Cove, near Land`s End
Have you thought of St Ives? It's on the train, got 3 or 4 good beaches, some great pubs and restaurants, a bit of culture (Tate & Hepworth), pretty harbour, nice countryside around.

- Tony -
Thank you for you replys.
I have been to Land's End, very windy :lol:

St Ives sounds nice, might see what they have, caravans, hotels etc....
My 3 year old gets bad travel sickness :cry: so even a short cab ride is out she is even sick on the underground :?
If we get a train to Cornwall we could give her Phenergan to help her sleep on the journey, but I don't really want to give it to her everyday of the hols if we have to travel, that's why I want it all very near, within walking distance.
Any holiday camps there?
Kaz
There`s Perran Sands at Perranporth, Ibelieve it`s a Haven place now, they`re near to a lovely beach, there`s also a nice beach at Treyarnon Bay, not far from Padstow, we took our 5 children there when they were small and they loved it, there`s a caravan site just off the beach.
Thanks numberplease,
I have been looking on line at some hols in Cornwall, it looks lovely.
But for the same money you can go abroad :?
I know my daughter doesn't travel very well, but we managed to get her to Cyprus for our wedding last year.
At least abroad we may have a better chance of some sunshine.
I will have to have a good thinbk about it.

Thank you for you help.

Kaz
This is a fantastic site for photos of cornwall - if you're not tempted already!! :lol:
http://www.chycor2.co.uk/westcountryviewscornwall/atoz/atoz.htm
Hayle nr St Ives is beautiful, at least the beach is - not the actual town. It has its own train station. We stayed at 'Beachside' a couple of years ago. It has basic budget accomodation in the form of chalets or you can opt for the dearer lodges or bungalows. They have an outside swimming pool and direct access to the beach. It also has a bar with entertainment. I wholeheartedly recommed it. http://www.beachside.co.uk

Daisy x
Thank you Bobian some great pics there, I will have a better look tonight.

Daisybumpkins that look like a lovely place

Thank you

Kaz
My wife and I will be visiting Cornwall for a week at the end of June. We have already booked our accomodation but as well as the Eden Project, we are looking at other places to visit. Somewhere I saw a link to a Donkey sanctuary and also a Shire horse farm.

Firsly can anyone point us in the right direction for these. Then Cornwall is a vast and beautiful place to visit. Where would you recommend.

We are staying in Porth and have a car, so mileage is no problem :D
Hi Peter

I posted loads of links in THIS TOPIC last year, plenty of ideas there :wink:

Pippy :D
Thank you for all the links Pippy. So much choice. We will definately be going to the Lizard area.

This is our first visit to Cornwall and it will not be our last. :D :D

One last favour. A friend of ours holidayed in Cornwall a couple of years ago. The said a visit to Falmouth is a must, however, they parked up in a village outside and caught a boat into the harbour. They cannot remember the name of the village.

Can you help.

Thank you again.
Could the village have been St.Mawes? You can catch a ferry from there into Falmouth. Isn`t the donkey sanctuary in S.Devon, near Sidmouth?. If you like birds, the Birds of Prey centre is OK, not far from St. Agnes, the Screech Owl Centre is great as well. And if you`re into technology, Goonhilly is worthy of a visit.
You're welcome Peter :wink:

There certainly is plenty to do, one visit isn't enough!
If you go to Falmouth, there's a swimming pool there with a wave machine and jacuzzi, or at least there was a few years ago when we went.
I can't remember exactly where it was, I just remember it being high up on a hill!

Pippy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.