Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Ryanair were investigated by BBC watchdog and test bookings were made to see how they were randomly allocated. Statasticians showed that the odds of the separate middle seat allocations made were greater than lottery odds of 50 million to 1.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/ryanair-seat-selection-cost-airlines-easyjet-ba/
In our travel agency businesses EVERY SINGLE booking they are doing where there is a Ryanair flight and two people are travelling, Ryanairy are splitting the people up. EVERY SINGLE time.
It cost us £16 each to reserve our preferred seats (me aisle, hubby window) with priority boarding. I don't mind paying that at all.

The full cost, including seats, priority boarding & 2 return flights was £258.

Of the 2 people who were seated in the middle, neither seemed to mind they just wanted to keep their costs down.
The costs are surprisingly cheap ( day to day costs I mean).
Ryanair have not changed their seating policy :rofl:rofl

honestly they really haven't , passengers who don't select payment for seating will be randomly seated , and there used to be the likelihood that you might end up in seats next to each other , but now it appears that random seating will always be a middle seat and in different rows , I don't know why Ryanair just don't admit that if you don't purchase seating they will proactively seat you apart in an " undesirable " middle seat , I don't particularly have a problem with that policy , because you can then decide whether to pay extra for a seat and people that do pay will most likely be able to sit together . Glynis , those cost of living examples are very similar to Lanzarote , really good value , car hire and fuel are very good prices
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.